Global Forum of Cancer Surgeons: Declaration of Intent
Are C (1,2), Coit DG (3), McMasters KM (3), Giuliano AE (3), Anderson BO (3), Balch CM (3), Pathak KA (4), Audisio RA (5), Rubio IT (5), Gonzalez-Moreno S (5), Mori M (6), Eguchi H (6), Savant D (7), Prasad BKCM (7), Cheema MA (8), Chaudhry ZA 8, Yang HK (9), Park DJ (9), Coimbra FJF (10), Quadros C (10), Said HM (11,12), Bargallo-Rocha JE (11,12).
(1) Society of Surgical Oncology, Rosemont, IL, USA.
(2) Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 68198, USA.
(3) Society of Surgical Oncology, Rosemont, IL, USA.
(4) Canadian Society of Surgical Oncology, Toronto, ON, Canada.
(5) European Society of Surgical Oncology, Brussels, Belgium.
(6) Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Surgery, Tokyo, Japan.
(7) Indian Association of Surgical Oncology, Ahmedabad, India.
(8) Pakistan Society of Surgical Oncology, Lahore, Pakistan.
(9) Korean Society of Surgical Oncology, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
(10) Brazilian Society of Surgical Oncology, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
(11) Sociedad Mexicana de Oncologia, Mexico City, Mexico.
(12) Latin-American Society of Surgical Oncology, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
Revisão:Annals of Surgical Oncology
Data: 1/Set/2017Area de Patología da Mama
The global cancer burden is rising and cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. In 2012, there were 14.1 million new cancer cases and 8.2 million cancer-related deaths, which is predicted to increase to 23.9 million new cancer cases and 14.6 million cancer-related deaths by 2035.1 Unfortunately, the less-developed regions of the world will bear the brunt of the rising cancer burden. In 2012, these regions accounted for 57% (8 million) of new cancer cases and 65% (5.3 million) of cancer deaths in 2012.
Surgery is a key component of cancer care and 80% of cancer patients will require some form of surgical intervention during the course of their disease. It is estimated that by the year 2030, 45 million surgical procedures will be required. Additionally, in some less-developed regions of the world, surgery may be the only viable treatment option for several reasons....
CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO Ann Surg Oncol. 2017 Sep;24(9):2429-2431. doi: 10.1245/s10434-017-5951-y. Epub 2017 Jul 5
A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.
Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.
Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.