"Therapeutic digestive endoscopy techniques allow us to more frequently perform minimally invasive treatments without resorting to surgery and are usually performed on an outpatient basis allowing for a quick recovery for the patient".
DR. JOSE MARÍA RIESCO LÓPEZ PERSON IN CHARGE. ENDOSCOPY UNIT
The Endoscopy Unit is integrated within the Digestive Department of the Clinica Universidad de Navarra.
Its work is directed towards the diagnosis of different pathologies associated with the digestive system.
Some of the diagnostic tests that the Unit performs are: conventional colonoscopy, gastroscopy, capsule enteroscopy, capsule colonoscopy and echoendoscopy.
The specialists who make up the Endoscopy Unit hold periodic joint sessions where cases of special complexity are studied, the most relevant scientific advances are continually reviewed and the results themselves are evaluated.
Do you need our help?
Contact with us
The most advanced endoscopic techniques
Peroral Endoscopic Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
Endoscopic technique that allows to treat motor pathologies of the esophagus, especially achalasia, in a less invasive way and with a quick recovery.
Motorized spiral enteroscopy
A novel enteroscope that allows faster and more precise access to the small intestine and, therefore, improves the treatment of lesions inside the small intestine.
Endoscopic submucosal dissection
A technique in which digestive tumors are removed with all the lesion margins, which facilitates their subsequent anatomopathological analysis and guarantees, in most cases, the complete cure of the patient without the need for further treatment.
Vertical sleeve gastroplasty
Endoscopic technique that applies several continuous sutures along the entire gastric wall. The treatment achieves a significant weight loss and an improvement of the diseases associated with obesity.
Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
The Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy Unit performs tests such as:
- Gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ileoscopy.
- Treatment of digestive bleeding.
- Argon gas cognition.
- Placement of elastic bands in esophageal varicose veins and hemorrhoids; diagnostic echoendoscopy.
- Drainage of pseudocysts and other collections.
- Celiac plexus infiltration guided by echoendoscopy.
- Esophageal dilation, pylorus, bile duct, pancreatic duct and colon.
- Placement of esophageal, gastric, enteral, colonic, biliary and pancreatic ducts.
- Esophagoscopy with endoscopic capsule; enteroscopy with endoscopic capsule; pulsion enteroscopy; pediatric endoscopy; endoscopic tattooing; percutaneous gastrostomies.
- Endoscopic treatment of the Zenker Diverticulum.
- Colonoscopy with endoscopic capsule.
- Balloon enteroscopy.