"Through tubal reversal, the conception of a child occurs naturally, without any limitation of treatment cycles".
DR. JOSÉ ÁNGEL MÍNGUEZ SPECIALIST. GYNAECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS DEPARTMENT
Between 10% and 15% of women who have had their tubes tied subsequently express a desire to reverse the sterilization technique in order to have children again.
The tubal ligation reversal technique is a laborious microsurgical procedure.
The microsurgery technique used to reverse tubal ligation offers an average rate of 55% pregnancy success, a rate that could exceed 70% in women under 35.
The most appropriate thing to do in these cases is to consult a gynecologist who is an expert in this technique, since the success of tubal recanalization depends on it.
Do you need us to help you?
Why at the Clinica Universidad de Navarra?
With a team of specialists who offer the best personalized attention to perform the only method to reverse tubal ligation
Over 55% pregnancy success rate after tubal ligation reversal.
We work as a team and coordinated to offer each patient the best treatment.
Quality and safety
With the security and guarantee of a prestigious hospital.
When is tubal ligation reversal indicated?
- In order to practice effective tubal reversal surgery, it is necessary, first of all, that the ligation technique has kept the distal part of the tubes (the fimbrial portion) viable.
- In addition to the fact that they have not been damaged, it is important that a certain length of the tubes, at least 4 cm, has been preserved, otherwise they will lose function.
- Among the selection criteria for performing a reversal operation, the age of the patient also stands out, since above 40 years of age, the success rates for conceiving a child are much lower, because the fertility of the woman, in general, is lower.
(available in spanish)
Do you want to have children again?
It may be possible to perform a tubal ligation reversal
How is tubal ligation reversal performed?
It consists of reaching the hole in each of the segments in which the tube has been sectioned and joining them again.
The complexity of the reversion depends, to a large extent, on how the tubal ligation was performed. Among the selection criteria for performing a reversal operation, the age of the patient also stands out.
Above the age of 40, the success rates for conceiving a child are much lower.
Where do we do it?
IN NAVARRE AND MADRID
OUR MEDICAL TEAM
Specialists from the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Comprehensive care that includes a wide range of consultation and treatment options from regular preventive screening to the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options for obstetric and gynecological problems at all ages.
The department also offers routine pregnancy monitoring that includes a variety of diagnostic and screening procedures to identify potential problems of the fetus as well as its proper growth and development.
Why at the Clinica?
- Highly specialized team of doctors, nurses and midwives.
- Reproduction and Fertility Unit.
- Pregnancy follow-up with a personalized delivery.
- All the comfort, with the guarantee and safety of a hospital with the most advanced equipment.
Our team of professionals
Safer than ever to continue taking care of you
We update safety protocols weekly with the latest scientific evidence and the knowledge of the best international centers with which we collaborate.