SEOM guidelines for the management of Malignant Melanoma 2015
Berrocal A (1), Arance A (2), Espinosa E (3), Castaño AG (4), Cao MG (5), Larriba JL (6), Martín JA (7), Márquez I (8), Soria A (9), Algarra SM (10).
(1) Servicio de Oncología Médica, Consorcio Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Avda. Tres Cruces 2, 46014, Valencia, Spain.
(2) Hospital Clinic I Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
(3) Hospital Universitario la Paz, Madrid, Spain.
(4) Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain.
(5) Hospital Universitario Quirón Dexeus, Barcelona, Spain.
(6) Hospital Universitario Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain.
(7) Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain.
(8) Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain.
(9) Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal, Madrid, Spain.
(10) Clínica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology
Date: Dec 1, 2015Medical Oncology
All melanoma patients must be confirmed histologically and resected according to Breslow. Sentinel node biopsy must be done when tumor is over 1 mm or if less with high-risk factors.
Adjuvant therapy with interferon must be offered for patients with high-risk melanoma and in selected cases radiotherapy can be added. Metastatic melanoma treatment is guided by mutational BRAF status. BRAF wild type patients must receive anti-PD1 therapy and BRAF mutated patients BRAF/MEK inhibitors or anti-PD1 therapy.
Up to 10 years follow up is recommended for melanoma patients with dermatologic examinations and physical exams.
CITATION Clin Transl Oncol. 2015 Dec;17(12):1030-5. doi: 10.1007/s12094-015-1450-4. Epub 2015 Dec 15.
you maybe interested
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.