Psychometric Validation of the Spanish Version of the DHRQoL Questionnaire
Gastaminza G (1,2), Ruiz-Canela M (3), Baiardini I (4), Andrés-López B (5), Corominas M (5,2).
(1) Allergy Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
(2) Spanish Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (SEAIC), Drug Allergy Committee.
(3) Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
(4) Allergy and Respiratory Diseases Clinic, DIMI, University of Genoa, IRCCS AOU San Martino-IST, Genova, Italy.
(5) Allergy Unit, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, IDIBELL, L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain.
Magazine: Journal of Investigational Allergology & Clinical Immunology
Date: Jun 15, 2016Allergology and Immunology Department
Drug allergy is a very common condition faced by both primary care physicians  and hospital physicians  worldwide. Drug allergy is further complicated by the underlying disease, which frequently prevents the use of the usual first-line treatments.
Furthermore, allergists know that patients who have experienced an allergic drug reaction, especially those who have had a severe reaction, are increasingly fearful of new allergic reactions and therefore tend to avoid taking any type of medication. In a previous study , we validated the Spanish version of the Drug Hypersensitivity Quality of Life (DHRQoL) questionnaire, which was developed in Italy by Baiardini et al . In the present paper, we report the results of our psychometric validation of the questionnaire.
CITATION J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(5):322-323. doi: 10.18176/jiaci.0079
you maybe interested
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.