A new technique of heterotopic heart transplantation in rats
Herreros J., Errasti P.
Servicio de Cirugía Cardiovascular y Torácica, Clínica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, España
Magazine: Annali Italiani di Chirurgia
Date: Nov 1, 1991Nephrology [SP]
A new technique of heterotopic heart transplantation in abdomen was developed on Wistar rats with fifteen experiments. This technique is characterized by termino-lateral anastomosis of donor aorta to recipient abdominal aorta cranially to renal arteries, and anastomosis of pulmonary artery of donor to left renal artery of recipient.
The advantages of this technique are:
- the abdominal aorta of rats proximally to renal arteries is characterized by a well developed adventitia and its caliber is double of that of infrarenal aorta;
- the left renal vein is more easily access of caval vein with similar caliber;
- the use of left renal vein and the widening of pulmonary artery permits a wide anastomosis;
- the so obtained heart position is better than the transversal one;
- the calibers of all anastomosis is so wide to permit the realization of this technique without extreme optical magnification.
CITATION Ann Ital Chir. 1991 Nov-Dec;62(6):573-5
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.