FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We present a summary with information that we believe may be useful.
If you have more questions, you can make your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org we will try to answer you as soon as possible.
The cataract courses are:
- Basic microsurgical skills (CAT-A)
- Beginner Cataract Module (CAT-B)
- Intermediate Cataract Module (CAT-C)
- Advanced Cataract Module (CAT-D)
As a guide, the approximate time to complete these courses is:
- If you are first year resident: CAT-A: 3 to 5 hours; CAT-B: 5 hours
- If you are second year resident: CAT-A: 2 hours, CAT-B: 2-3 hours, CAT-C: 4-5 hours
- If you are third year resident: You do not need CAT-A, CAT-B: 2-3 hours, CAT-C: 4-5 hours
- If you are fourth year resident: You do not need CAT-A, CAT-B: 2 hours, CAT-C: 2-3 hours; CAT-D: 6-10 hours
- If you are third or fourth year resident you can do the vitrectomy modules. The basic and intermediate level between takes about 5 and 10 hours and the advanced level approximately 10 hours.
- If you are a specialist and want to train difficult cases you can enroll in a 5 or 10 hour advanced cataract course; or do the complete vitrectomy module in about 10 or 20 hours according to previous experience.
We advise you to do a 10 hours course first and after a few months do another 10 hours.
If you are from far away or you have difficulties to return a second time, you can do an intensive 20 hours course that will allow you to complete a whole course of cataract surgery or vitreoretinal surgery.
If you are a first or second year resident we do not advise you to do an intensive 20 hours of cataract, but do it sequentially at least in 2 parts of 10 hours.
This will depend on how you have done the course registration: if you have enrolled in a 5-hour cataract course and a 5-hour vitrectomy course, you can do one in the morning and another in the afternoon, for example.
For the selection of dates we will take into account the availability of the simulator, priority will depend on the time of the applications, and if the course you attend is founded by a scholarship or not.
The greater the range of dates you indicate, the greater the chances that the simulator will be available to you.
tal vezle interese
Conozca por qué somos diferentes a otros centros sanitarios. Calidad, rapidez, comodidad y resultados.
La Clínica ofrece la posibilidad de realizar estancias en los departamentos para así completar la formación.
Nuestros profesionales siguen investigando y tienen a su disposición todas las instalaciones y recursos de la Universidad de Navarra.