Dr. Juan Luis Alcázar
Co-Director of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics>br>Preferential dedication to high resolution ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology as well as oncological gynecology. High risk obstetrics.
Graduate (1990) and Doctor (1997) in Medicine at the University of Navarra. He specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (1994). He has completed training stays in foreign centers such as the Centre Europeen de Formation Practique a la Chirurgie Endoscopique. Perigueux, France and the Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
He is a member of the editorial board of several scientific journals (Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ian Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in obstetrics and Gynecology, World Journal of Radiology) and a reviewer for the journals of greatest impact in the specialty such as Human Reproduction, Fertility and Sterility, American Journal of Obstetrics ang Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Landet Oncology, International Journal of Gynaecological Cancer, Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maturitas, Gynecologic Endocrinology and Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, among others.
Co-director of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics since 2016.
- Ultrasound in the evaluation of adnexal masses and endometrial pathology.
- Ultrasound in pelvic endometriosis.
- Three-dimensional ultrasound.
- Participates in European multicenter projects such as IOTA (International Ovarian Tumor Analysis) and IETA (International Endometrial Tumor Analysis)
AREAS OF INTEREST
High-resolution ultrasound in obstetrics and general gynecology, prenatal diagnosis and oncological gynecology (cancer of the cervix, endometrium and ovary).
As an educator
Accredited as University Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology by the National Agency for the Evaluation of Academic Quality (ANECA). Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Navarra since 2009.
Professor at the Spanish School of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, the International Academy of Medical Ultrasound and the Ian Donald Inter-University School of Ultrasound in Medicine.
As a researcher
He is the author of 23 chapters in reference books on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as in Gynecological Oncology.
Editor of several books on ultrasound in Gynecology.
Editor of a book for the training of students in Medicine.
He has published more than 210 original articles in international journals.
And has participated in the elaboration of assistance protocols of the Spanish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Protocol on Mass Handling Annexes. Protocol on the evaluation of congenital malformations of the uterus).
In the diagnosis by gynecological and obstetric ultrasound of last generation.
- Spanish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (SEGO).
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG).
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
- European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
Latest scientific publications
- Diagnostic accuracy of different ultrasound signs for detecting adnexal torsion: systematic review and meta-analysis Mar 1, 2023 | Magazine: Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Ginecology
- AI: Can It Make a Difference to the Predictive Value of Ultrasound Breast Biopsy? Feb 20, 2023 | Magazine: Diagnostics