PD-L1/PD-1 presence in the tumor microenvironment and activity of PD-1 blockade in multiple myeloma
Paiva B(1), Azpilikueta A(2), Puig N(3), Ocio EM(3), Sharma R(4), Oyajobi BO(4), Labiano S(2), San-Segundo L(3), Rodriguez A(5), Aires-Mejia I(3), Rodriguez I(2), Escalante F(6), de Coca AG(7), Barez A(8), San Miguel JF(1), Melero I(1).
(1)  Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain  Centro de Investigaciones Medicas Aplicadas (CIMA), Pamplona, Spain  Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Navarra (IDISNA), Pamplona, Spain.
(2) Centro de Investigaciones Medicas Aplicadas (CIMA), Pamplona, Spain.
(3) Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, IBSAL, IBMCC (USAL-CSIC), Salamanca, Spain.
(4) University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA.
(5) Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Navarra (IDISNA), Pamplona, Spain.
(6) Complejo Hospitalario de Leon, Leon, Spain.
(7) Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain.
(8) Hospital Nuestra Señora de Sonsoles, Avila, Spain.
Date: Mar 17, 2015Medical Oncology Hematología y Hemoterapia [SP]
Despite remarkable therapeutic improvement in multiple myeloma (MM), prognosis is very poor once patients become refractory to or ineligible for proteasome inhibitors and immunomodulatory drugs.
Accordingly, new drugs are clearly needed for this patient population, and extensive efforts are leading to a new breed of antimyeloma drugs. In this regard, the PD-1/PD-L1 axis has recently emerged as a master immune checkpoint that controls antitumor immune responses against many neoplasms.
CITATION Leukemia. 2015 Mar 17. doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.79.
you maybe interested
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.