Get to know our clinical trials
Clinical trial of vafidemstat in patients with schizophrenia
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY IS TO INVESTIGATE WHETHER THE STUDY MEDICATION (VAFIDEMSTAT) WORKS IN THE TREATMENT OF THE NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE, DESCRIBED ABOVE, AS WELL AS IN THE TREATMENT OF THE LOSS OF COGNITIVE FUNCTION IN PATIENTS WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA, AND ALSO WHETHER THIS MEDICATION IS SAFE. THE STUDY ALSO AIMS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CAUSES OF THE DISEASE AND HOW OUR BODY PROCESSES THE STUDY MEDICATION. IT IS KNOWN THAT THERE IS A GENETIC VARIABILITY IN THE POPULATION (WHICH IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY DISEASE) THAT DETERMINES CERTAIN DIFFERENCES IN THE ABSORPTION, DISTRIBUTION, METABOLISM AND ELIMINATION OF DRUGS AND THUS AFFECTS THE BLOOD LEVELS OF THE DRUG.
- PHASE IIB, DOUBLE-BLIND, RANDOMIZED, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED, ADAPTIVE, 24-WEEK, PHASE IIB STUDY TO EVALUATE THE EFFICACY OF VAFIDEMSTAT ON NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS AND COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT ASSOCIATED WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA.
- Code EudraCT: 2021-000350-26
- Protocol number: CL09-ORY-2001
- Promoter: Oryzon Genomics
- Link to Clinical Trials
* The trials only admit a limited number of patients and are subject to inclusion and exclusion criteria. The specialist who assesses your case will inform you of the conditions required to participate in the clinical trial.
More information about this clinical trial
Information offered by the Spanish Registry of Clinical Studies
Do you want to participate in this trial?
Request an appointment for our specialists to assess whether you qualify for this clinical trial
Do you prefer to send us your reports?
If you prefer, you can send us your medical information and our specialists will evaluate your case without the need to come to the Clinica.