Graduated in Medicine from the University of Navarra (1992), he carried out his doctoral thesis at the same centre in March 1998 and completed his speciality at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra until December 1997.
Since November 2007, he has worked as a consultant doctor in the Haematology and Haemotherapy Department at the Clinic, where was previously a collaborating physician since 1998.
Collaborative investigator at the Oncology Division of the Centre for Applied Medical Research (CIMA) and an investigator for the Network of Cooperative Cancer Research, with special focus on Lymphoma treatment (RETICC)
His main areas of research are the treatment of lymphomas, physiopathologies and immunes alterations associated with lymphoproliferative syndromes.
AREAS OF INTEREST
The areas of his professional interest include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of lymphomas and chronic lymphoproliferative syndromes
- Cytomorphological diagnosis of haemopathies
- PET evaluation as an applied diagnosis and prognosis technique for lymphomas and chronic lymphoproliferative syndromes
- New treatments and therapeutic approaches for lymphomas: anti-idiotype vaccination, treatment with new monoclonal antibodies and new drugs
- Clinical trials for lymphoma treatment
As an educator
Associated Professor of Haematology at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine since September 2000
Recognised by the ANECA as an associated professor in September 2009.
As a researcher
Author of 25 book chapters and more than 50 articles in national and international magazines.
- Member of the National Committee of the Cooperative Working Group GELTAMO.
- Member of the European Society of Hematology.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Hematology and Hemotherapy.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the journal International Scholarly Research Network Hematology.
Latest scientific publications
- Ibrutinib does not have clinically relevant interactions with oral contraceptives or substrates of CYP3A and CYP2B6 Oct 1, 2020 | Magazine: Pharmacology Research & Perspectives
- RELINF: prospective epidemiological registry of lymphoid neoplasms in Spain. A project from the GELTAMO group Feb 20, 2020 | Magazine: Annals of Hematology