Circulating betatrophin levels are increased in anorexia and decreased in morbid obese women
Barja-Fernández S(1,2,3), Folgueira C(1,2,4), Seoane LM(1,2), Casanueva FF(1,2), Dieguez C(2,4), Castelao C(1,2), Agüera Z(3,5), Baños R(3,6), Botella C(3,7), de la Torre R(3,8,9), Fernández-García JC(3,10), Fernández-Real JM(3,11), Frühbeck G(3,12), Gómez-Ambrosi J(3,12) [ES], Jiménez-Murcia S(3,5,13), Tinahones FJ(3,10), Estivill X(14,15), Fernández-Aranda F(3,5), Nogueiras R(2,4).
(1) Grupo Fisiopatología Endocrina, IDIS. Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago de Compostela (CHUS/SERGAS), Spain.
(2) Departamento de Pediatría, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (USC), Spain.
(3) CIBER Fisiopatología Obesidad y Nutrición (CIBEROBN), Instituto Salud Carlos III, Spain.
(4) Department of Physiology, CIMUS, University of Santiago de Compostela-Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria, Santiago de Compostela, 15782, Spain.
(5) Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Bellvitge-IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain.
(6) Department of Psychological, Personality, Evaluation and Treatment of the University of Valencia, Spain.
(7) Department of Basic Psychology, Clinic and Psychobiology of the University Jaume I, Castelló, Spain.
(8) Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group, Neuroscience Research Program, IMIM (Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute), Barcelona, Spain.
(9) Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, Spain.
(10) Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de Victoria, Málaga, Spain.
(11) Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Institut d'Investigació Biomèdica de Girona (IdlBGi) Hospital Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain.
(12) Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, University of Navarra, IdiSNA, Pamplona, Spain.
(13) Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain.
(14) Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Barcelona, Spain.
(15) Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en Epidemiología y Salud Pública (CIBERESP), Barcelona, Spain.
Revisão:The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Data: 14/Jul/2015Endocrinologia e Nutrição [ES]
Betatrophin is produced primarily by liver and adipose tissue, and has been recently reported as a novel hormone promoting β cell proliferation and β cell mass and improving glucose tolerance.
Since it is markedly regulated by nutritional status, we hypothesized that circulating betatrophin levels might be affected by pathophysiological conditions altering body weight.
SETTING AND PATIENTS:
We analyzed circulating betatrophin levels in 149 female patients, including 99 with extremeBMI(30 anorexia nervosa,24obese,45morbidobeseand50healthy eating/weight controls).
Measurements. Serum betatrophin levels and its correlations with different anthropometric and biochemical parameters.
Plasma betatrophin levels were significantly elevated in anorexic patients, whereas its levels were reduced in morbid obese women when compared to normal weight women. Plasma betatrophin correlated negatively with weight, BMI, fat percentage, glucose, insulin, HOMA and positively correlated with HDL.
These results suggest that metabolic status is an important regulator of circulating betatrophin levels.
CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Jul 14:JC20151595.
A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.
Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.
Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.