Publicações científicas

Alpha and beta changes in cortical oscillatory activity in a go/no go randomly-delayed-response choice reaction time paradigm

Alegre M [ES], Imirizaldu L, Valencia M, Iriarte J, Arcocha J, Artieda J [ES].
Neurophysiology Laboratory, Neuroscience Area, Centre for Applied Medical Research, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.

Revisão:Clinical Neurophysiology

Data: 1/Jan/2006

Neurofisiologia [ES]

OBJECTIVE
Predictable movements induce oscillatory changes over the contralateral motor cortex that begin before the movement, but their significance has not been fully established. We studied non-phase-locked changes in cortical oscillatory activity in a S1-centred double-stimulus go/no go paradigm with random interstimulus interval.

METHODS
About 58 reference-free EEG channels were analyzed by means of Gabor transforms in a group of 10 healthy subjects. A 2000 Hz tone (S1go, 84% probability) indicated the subject to make a brisk wrist extension after a second 2000 Hz tone (S2go). The S1-S2 interval was either 1.5, 3 or 4.5 s. A 1000 Hz tone (S1 no go, 16% probability) indicated the subject not to move (and wait for another S1 tone).

RESULTS
A frontal 15 Hz synchronization was observed after S1 in all conditions. No further significant changes were observed in the no go condition. A small pre-S2 alpha and beta desynchronization could be observed only in the 3 and 4.5s-interval go conditions, being larger in the latter.

CONCLUSIONS
These results suggest that the predictability of the timing of a movement influences the appearance of the pre-movement oscillatory changes; not only motor planning (the 'go' decision) is necessary, but also an estimation of when to move.

SIGNIFICANCE
Our findings provide new insight on the relationship between the decision-making process, movement, and cortical oscillatory activity.

CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO  Clin Neurophysiol. 2006 Jan;117(1):16-25

talvezlhe interesse

QUE TECNOLOGIA UTILIZAMOS? 

A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.

Imagen de un PET, tecnología de vanguardia en la Clínica Universidad de Navarra

OS NOSSOS
PROFISSIONAIS

Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.

Imagen profesionales de la Clínica Universidad de Navarra

RAZÕES PARA VIR
À CLÍNICA

Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.

Imagen del edificio de la Clínica Universidad de Navarra