Transforming Breast Cancer Together: European elections manifesto 2019 seizing the opportunities for breast cancer patients
Cardoso F (1), Bușoi CS (2), Cattaneo I (3), Decise D (3), Cardone A (4), Filicevas A (4), Gentile E (5), Wierinck L (5), Knox S (6, Sebastiani S (7), Terrasanta C (7), Ujupan S (8), Ventura R (9), Wilson B (10), Rubio IT (11).
(1) European School of Oncology (ESO) and Advanced Breast Cancer Global Alliance (ABC Global Alliance), Champalimaud Clinical Centre / Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal.
(2) Member of the European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium.
(3) Novartis, Origgio, Italy.
(4) European Cancer Patient Coalition, Brussels, Belgium.
(5) Former Member of the European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium.
(6) Europa Donna- the European Breast Cancer Coalition, Milan, Italy.
(7) Helsinn Healthcare SA, Lugano, Switzerland.
(8) Eli Lilly and Company, Brussels, Belgium.
(9) European School of Oncology (ESO), Advanced Breast Cancer Global Alliance (ABC Global Alliance), Bellinzona, Switzerland.
(10) Working with Cancer, London, United Kingdom.
(11) European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA), European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO), Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Madrid, Spain.
Date: Sep 7, 2019Mammary Pathology Area
With the European Parliament elections having taken place in May 2019 and a new European Commission (EC) taking office in November 2019, this year is critical for European policymakers, as goals and priorities of the European Union (EU) for the next five years will be discussed and agreed upon.
This Manifesto issued by the Transforming Breast Cancer Together initiative calls upon policymakers to improve services for patients in an area still of high unmet need and reduce the societal impact of breast cancer by elevating it as a health policy priority to improve breast cancer prevention, diagnosis and care across Europe.
CITATION Breast. 2019 Sep 7;48:54-57. doi: 10.1016/j.breast.2019.09.003
you maybe interested
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.