Recommendations for SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres in chemotherapy-refractory/intolerant colorectal liver metastases
Aranda E (1), Aparicio J (2), Bilbao JI (3), Alfonso PG (4), Maurel J (5), Rodríguez J (6), Sangro B (7), Vieitez JM (8), Feliu J (9).
(1) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofía, CIBERONC, IMIBIC, UCO, Córdoba, Spain.
(2) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitari I Politecnic La Fe, Valencia, Spain.
(3) Department of Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Navarra, Spain.
(4) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain.
(5) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain.
(6) Department of Medical Oncology, Clínica Universitaria de Navarra, Navarra, Spain.
(7) Liver Unit & HPB Oncology Area, Clínica Universitaria de Navarra-IDISNA-CIBEREHD, Pamplona, Spain.
(8) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Asturias, Spain.
(9) Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario La Paz, CIBERONC, Madrid, Spain.
Magazine: Future Oncology
Date: Jul 13, 2017Medical Oncology Hepatology Radiology [SP]
A Spanish expert panel reviewed current evidence for the use of SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres in patients with chemotherapy refractory/intolerant unresectable colorectal liver metastases.
Substantial evidence for its efficacy and safety is available from a randomized controlled study, retrospective comparative studies and several single arm studies.
Clinical evidence data obtained from more than 1500 patients have led to the inclusion of selective internal radiation therapy in the 2016 ESMO Clinical Guidelines as third-line treatment.
This publication results from an expert panel meeting, where published evidence and author's experiences were shared to position SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres in Spain for the treatment of chemotherapy refractory/intolerant unresectable colorectal liver metastases, and second, to define the patient subgroup that will benefit the most with this treatment.
CITATION Future Oncol. 2017 Jul 13. doi: 10.2217/fon-2017-0220
you maybe interested
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.