Floppy Closing Door Epiglottis Treated Successfully with an Mhealth Application Based on Myofunctional Therapy: A Case Report
O'Connor Reina C (1), Plaza Mayor G (2), Ignacio-Garcia JM (3), Baptista Jardin P (4), Garcia-Iriarte MT (5), Casado-Morente JC (1).
(1) Chief of Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Quiron Salud Marbella, Hospital Quiron Salud Campo de Gibraltar, Cádiz, Spain.
(2) Chief of Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela, Hospital Universitario Fuenlabrada, Fuenlabrada, Spain.
(3) Chief of Neumology Department, Hospital Quiron Salud Marbella, Hospital Quiron Salud Campo de Gibraltar, Cádiz, Spain.
(4) Otorhinolaryngology Department, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Navarra, Spain.
(5) Otorhinolaryngology Department, Hospital La Merced, Osuna, Sevilla, Spain.
Magazine: Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Date: Jul 1, 2019Otorhinolaryngology Department [SP]
We introduce the first case reported to date of a floppy closing door epiglottis in an OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) patient treated successfully with an Mhealth smartphone application based on myofunctional therapy.
CITATION Case Rep Otolaryngol. 2019 Jul 1;2019:4157898. doi: 10.1155/2019/4157898. eCollection 2019
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.