Current situation in gynecological oncology training in Spain: where we are and where we want to go
Padilla-Iserte P (1), Minig L (2), Zapardiel I (3), Chiva L (4), Laky R (5), de Santiago J (6).
(1) Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avenida Abril Martorell, 106, 46026, Valencia, Spain.
(2) Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avenida Abril Martorell, 106, 46026, Valencia, Spain.
(3) Gynecologic Oncology Unit, La Paz University Hospital, Paseo Castellana 261, 28046, Madrid, Spain.
(4) Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Avenida de Pío XII, 36, 31008, Pamplona, Spain.
(5) Division of Gynecology, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 14, 8036, Graz, Austria.
(6) Department of Gynecology Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center Madrid, Calle de Arturo Soria, 270, 28033, Madrid, Spain.
Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology
Date: Aug 31, 2017Control del embarazo y parto. Dar a luz. Clínica Universidad de Navarra [SP]
It is important to know what a young gynecologic oncologist perceives as a need to achieve a good training in gynecologic oncology.
This study aims to evaluate the level of training in gynecologic oncology in Spain.
A Web-based anonymous questionnaire was sent via e-mail to Spanish trainees listed in European Network of Young Gynecological Oncology (ENYGO).
The survey was developed in four sections: (1) general training in gynecologic oncology, (2) distribution of current clinical activity, (3) surgical training, and (4) perspective future gynecologic oncology. It contained 51 questions, with multiple-choice answers that had to be answered by the ENYGO members.
The questionnaire was sent to 64 people listed in the ENYGO database. Of these, 37 members responded (response rate of 58%). Overall, more training in surgery is necessary, to perform radical oncological surgeries. It is claimed a sub-specialty recognition, to ensure an equalitarian and homogeneous training.
CITATION Clin Transl Oncol. 2017 Aug 31. doi: 10.1007/s12094-017-1744-9
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the greater private hospital with technological equipment of Spain, all in a single center.
The professionals of the Clínica perform continuous research and training, always to the benefit of the patient.
Learn why we are different from other healthcare centers. Quality, speed, comfort and results.