Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Central University of Venezuela (1984) and Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra (1992).
Specialist in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Navarra Clinic.
Clinical Consultant of the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at the University of Navarra Clinic.
Expert in Sleep Medicine by the Spanish Committee for Accreditation in Sleep Medicine (2016).
Expert in Sleep Medicine at the European level by the European Sleep Research Society (2019).
Endoscopic Endonasal and Skull Base Surgery
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgery
He has participated in several Research Projects as a team member.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Extensive experience in Endoscopic Endonasal and Skull Base Surgery, Sialoendoscopy and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgery
- Expert in Surgery for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, having been the first and only one to place Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation Implants in Spain since 2016.First Rob
- otic Head and Neck Surgery in Spain with extensive experience in Tongue-Based Surgery.
- Innovative in techniques at the palate level of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgery.
- Extensive experience in Advanced Endoscopic Nasal and Skull Base Surgery, working together
As an educator
Associate Professor of the Department of Otorhinolaryngology in the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra
As a researcher
He has published numerous articles in specialized magazines.
He has given more than 90 lectures and presentations in national and international congresses.
He has presented more than 100 papers and posters in national and international congresses.
- First surgeon to perform Endoscopic Surgery and Synuplasty with local anesthesia in Spain.
- First and only surgeon to place Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation Implants in Spain since 2016.
- Member of the team of otolaryngologists who have performed the first Transoral Surgery in Spain (September 2011) with the DA VINCI Robot.
- Member of the Venezuelan Society of Otorhinolaryngology.
- Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
- Founding member of the Interamerican Association of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Otorhinolaryngology (SEORL).
- Member of the European Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Spanish Society of Sleep.
- International Sleep Surgery Society.
Latest scientific publications
- COVID-19 Infection and Its Influence in Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Oct 30, 2020 | Magazine: International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology
- Myofunctional Therapy App for Severe Apnea-Hypopnea Sleep Obstructive Syndrome Oct 22, 2020 | Magazine: JMIR Mhealth and Uhealth