meet Dr. Matías Jurado Chacón
Area of Expertise: Oncological Gynaecology
training andProfessional Career
Graduated (1974) and was awarded his doctorate (1980) in Medicine from the University of Granada. He became a specialist in Gynaecology and Obstetrics in the University Clinic Hospital of the University of Granada (1978). He carried out training residencies in various prestigious centres around the world: Rush Medical College (Chicago), Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York), Mayo Clinic Scottsdale (Arizona) USA, and Charité-Mitte/Benjamin Franklin (Berlin).
- Maximum effort ovarian cancer surgery
- Ultraradical surgery (pelvic exenteration etc.) in gynaecological cancer relapses
- Minimally invasive surgery for benign pathologies and gynaecological cancer
As an educator
Titular professor at the University in Gynaecology and Obstetrics since 1983 and associate professor at the University of Navarra since 1991.
Accredited as an expert in Gynaecology and Obstetrics by the National Agency for the Evaluation of Academic Quality (ANECA).
As a researcher
He is the author of a dozen national and international reference book chapters in Oncological Gynaecology.
He has more than 50 published articles in international scientific magazines and 40 in national magazines.
He has participated in the creation of care programmes for the Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (Endometrial cancer, cervical uterine cancer, obesity in Gynaecology) and the Health and Social Safety Department of Catalonia (Ovarian Cancer Management Guide).
Latest scientific publications
- Diagnostic Performance of Transvaginal Ultrasound for Detecting Cervical Invasion In Women With Endometrial Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Durable complete remission with aromatase inhibitor therapy in a patient with metastatic uterine carcinosarcoma with poor performance status and coagulation disorders: a case report
- Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Spanish Society of Oncological Gynaecology (SGO-SEGO)
- American Society of Oncological Gynaecology (SGO)
- European Society of Oncological Gynaecology (ESGO)
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.