meet Dr. José Antonio Páramo Fernández
Area of expertise: Study and treatment of haemorrhagic problems, thrombotic events and blood clotting
training andProfessional Career
Graduated in Medicine in 1978 from the University of Salamanca. He was a resident in Haematology and Haemotherapy at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and was awarded his doctorate in 1982. He is the Co-director of the Haematology and Haemotherapy Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (CUN). He was accredited as an expert in Haematology by the Faculty of Medicine.
He has been a Haematology and Haemotherapy specialist since 1982. He carried out his postdoctoral training at the University of Lovaina (1983-1984) and the Centre for Biological Standards and Control in London (1989).
He has played a key role in the Spanish Society of Haematology and the Spanish Society of Haemostasis and Thrombosis. He is also vice-president of the Spanish Society of Haemostasis and Thrombosis and the Spanish Society of Atherosclerosis.
He is Director of the Haemostasis and Thrombosis Unit at the Clínica and the Haematology Laboratory.
His area of expertise for patient care concerns hospitalised patients and outpatients with haemorrhagic and thrombotic problems.
He is Director of the Vascular Medicine Area at the Clínica.
- He was a member of the Scientific Committee for the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis magazine (Official Body of the International Thrombosis Society)
- Currently, a Member of the editorial committee for Cardiovascular Research and Atherosclerosis
- Leading Researcher for Scholarships, FIS, MINECO and the Navarra Government
As an educator
Accredited as an expert by the ANECA in 2008
Haematology Expert in the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine since 2009
Subject Coordinator for clinical Haematology and Haemotherapy and clinical tutor in the Faculty of Medicine
As a researcher
More than 50 presentations, 15 book chapters, 300 speeches at conferences and 200 articles in important scientific publications.
Latest scientific publications
- Selective increase of cardiomyocyte derived extracellular vesicles after experimental myocardial infarction and functional effects on the endothelium
- CM352 Reduces Brain Damage and Improves Functional Recovery in a Rat Model of Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Spanish Society of Haematology and Haemotherapy
- Spanish Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Spanish Society of Atherosclerosis
- International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- International Society of Fibrinolysis and Proteolysis
- Mediterranean League against thromboembolic disease
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.