Terms and conditions
To request this service, the patient must be over 16 years of age. In the case of minors, it must be requested by the parents attaching a document certifying their status as legal guardian.
The deadline for the Second Medical Opinion is three working days. The process will begin once the patient submits the complete documentation and has made the payment.
The price of the Second Opinion consultation at the Navarra Clinic is 580 euros*. This amount can be paid by bank card or Paypal, both options through the Redsys payment gateway. *Promotion price Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Breast Pathology, Neurosurgery and Thoracic Surgery*: 465 €. Promotional price for other departments*: 415 €.
The Clinic is responsible for the transactions made through the payment gateway. Credit card details are entered on a secure page and transactions are carried out through the use of SSL certificate. The credit/debit cards accepted are: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, JCB, UPI, DINERS, CUP or PRIVADA.
The amount includes the costs of the medical evaluation, the call and/or video consultation with the doctor for clarifications and the face-to-face consultation, if desired. For the face-to-face consultation you will have a period of 3 months from the date of the request for the second opinion.
The Second Opinion consultation is conditioned to the veracity of the information provided to the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Furthermore, this document is merely informative in nature, and is not considered a diagnosis or medical advice, nor does it lead the patient to abandon or modify previous treatment without prior consultation with his/her physician.
The clinical documentation you send (medical reports, analyses, imaging tests, etc.) must be in Spanish or English to facilitate its review by the specialist.
The Clínica Universidad de Navarra reserves the right to accept or reject any request for a Second Opinion, which will be communicated in a timely manner within fifteen working days, and the amount paid will be reimbursed.
If the documentation received is not sufficient to perform the consultation, a representative of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra will contact the patient or legal representative to request the rest of the necessary tests.
If it is not possible to provide this information, the amount paid will be refunded.
IDONIA PLATFORM - ONLINE DOCUMENTATION UPLOAD
We inform you that the information made available to you through this platform will only remain available on the platform for a period of 3 months, after which time it will be deleted from the platform. CLÍNICA UNIVERSIDAD DE NAVARRA (CUN) will process your personal data for the correct management and processing of your request. You can access the complete information in your patient clause and exercise your rights of access, suppression, opposition, rectification, limitation of processing and portability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
CLÍNICA UNIVERSIDAD DE NAVARRA is responsible for the processing of your personal data, with NIF R-3168001J and registered office at Avenida Pío XII, 36, 31008, Pamplona.
To ensure that your data is handled properly, CUN has designated a Data Protection Delegate, who can be contacted for any questions you may have and can be reached at the e-mail address email@example.com.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
Personal data provided by users of this website (CUN Patient Area) will be processed by CUN for the following purposes, depending on the type of data provided by the user and the interactions that the user enters into with CUN through the website:
2. Facilitate the modification and/or updating of data associated with the account: The patient has the possibility of modifying and/or updating through the platform his/her data associated with his/her profile in the Patient Area, such as telephone number, e-mail address, insurance policy number or direct debit of his/her receipts corresponding to the services contracted, among others. In the event that the user makes use of such functionalities, the personal data will be processed for the purpose of attending to the management in each case requested by the user.
3. Make and manage appointments at the Clinic: This is a service that allows you to book a medical appointment at the Clinic and view the upcoming appointments that the patient has with the same. In case the user makes use of such functionalities, the personal data will be treated with the purpose of attending the management in each case requested by the user.
4. Providing medical reports telematically: CUN offers patients the possibility of telematically accessing their medical history and certain medical reports of the patient. In such cases, personal data will be processed for the purpose of providing the user (patient) with the requested access to his or her own medical or clinical information. CUN maintains adequate security measures in place to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of patients' medical and clinical data.
5. Providing billing data telematically: The patient has the possibility of accessing, for information purposes, invoices for the last three years, issued by CUN, for the provision of medical services. CUN will process financial data and data related to service transactions for this purpose.
6. To provide an "E-health" telemedicine service: Some of the Clinic's own services may be provided remotely through the telemedicine service. For this purpose, CUN will process data related to the patient's health and identification, as well as personal and social circumstances in order to achieve the intended purposes. CUN has implemented appropriate security measures to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of patients' medical and clinical data.
7. CUN DIRECT" Attention Service: CUN provides users with a means of communication for telematically managing admissions, estimates, and general information on the services offered by the Clinic, processing the personal data of users in order to attend to and manage the request received in each case.
8. HEALTH ADVICE" service: CUN provides patients with a series of personalized health advices, according to the diseases and pathologies they suffer from. For this purpose, CUN will process data related to the patient's health and identification, as well as personal and social circumstances. CUN has implemented appropriate security measures to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of patients' medical and clinical data.
9. Remote Second Opinion: The personal data provided through the web form for requesting a Remote Second Opinion will be processed by CUN for the purpose of managing the request for a Second Medical Opinion that you send us. We inform you that, in the event that you provide health data through this form, such data will be processed exclusively for the purpose of developing and executing the legal, contractual and/or healthcare relationships that you establish with CUN.
What data is processed by CUN and from what sources does it come?
The data that CUN processes as a result of the interactions carried out by the user through our Web page, the contractual relationship with the patient or his or her legal representative, and the data provided by the user of the "Patient Area" come from the following sources:
- Data provided by the user by completing the registration form made available by CUN.
- Data generated as a result of the user's browsing and use of CUN websites.
- Data generated as a result of the contractual relationship between CUN and the patient or the patient's legal representative for the provision of medical services.
- Third-party data provided by the user, if applicable.
CUN may process personal data of the following types, depending on the relationship established with the user:
- Identifying data (e.g., first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, IP address, etc.).
- Health-related data (e.g., data contained in the patient's medical history or obtained during the relationship between CUN and the patient, the provision of medical services, etc.).
- Personal characteristics and social circumstances data (e.g., age, date of birth, tastes, hobbies and lifestyle, etc.).
- Navigation and location data (e.g., use of CUN web pages, sections visited, etc.).
- Financial data and data related to service transactions (e.g. invoices issued by CUN as a result of the provision of healthcare services, etc.).
What is the legal legitimacy for CUN to process your data?
CUN processes the personal data provided by users of its Web pages for the management and processing of the legal relationship (contractual and/or healthcare) between the user/patient and CUN for the following purposes:
- Contact and management of users of the "Patient Area";
- Facilitate the modification and/or updating of data associated with the account;
- To arrange and manage appointments at the Clinic;
- To provide medical reports telematically;
- To provide billing data telematically;
- To provide an "E-health" telemedicine service;
- HEALTH ADVICE" service;
- CUN DIRECT Attention Service;
- Remote Second Opinion.
To whom is your data communicated?
The personal data collected by CUN to achieve the above-mentioned processing purposes will be communicated, exclusively if necessary, to financial institutions for the management of collections and payments (in the event that the service or procedure requested by the user is subject to payment), as well as, if necessary, to insurance companies for the maintenance of the health and financial relationship.
In the same way, exclusively if necessary, the data could be communicated to Public Bodies and Administrations. In the event of any of the above-mentioned data communications, the legitimate basis will be the correct development of the legal, contractual and/or healthcare relationship between the user and CUN and, if necessary, compliance with CUN's legal obligations.
How long do we keep your data?
CUN will keep your personal data for the time necessary to provide the requested service and / or to achieve the intended purpose of the processing.
Subsequently, as long as the user has not exercised his or her right of deletion, your data will be kept for the legal periods applicable in each case, taking into account the type of data and the purpose of the processing.
You can request more information on CUN's personal data retention periods at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data must you provide us with in each case?
CUN informs users that, when personal data is collected through a form made available on our website, it will be necessary for the user to provide at least the data marked with an asterisk (*). If the user does not provide at least this information, which is considered necessary, CUN will not be able to provide the service or respond to the query or complaint made by the user.
What do you have to guarantee when providing your personal data?
The user guarantees that the information provided is true, accurate, complete, and up to date, and is responsible for any direct or indirect damage or harm that may be caused as a result of non-compliance with this obligation.
CUN informs you that, in order to provide your personal data, in any way, through our web page, you must be at least 14 years of age. The user who provides data to CUN through this Web site declares and guarantees that he or she is over 14 years of age, and is fully responsible for this declaration.