Graduate (1988) and Doctor (1994) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra. Specialist in Medical-Surgical Dermatology and Venereology (1994).
Co-director of the Department of Dermatology since 2017.
Member of the editorial board of several scientific journals.
He has collaborated in 12 national research projects as principal investigator.
AREAS OF INTEREST
His main areas of interest are focused on the study, diagnosis and interdisciplinary treatment of:
- Vascular malformations
- Skin Oncology
- Dermatological Surgery
As an educator
Accredited by ANECA as a Full Professor of Dermatology (September 2011). Associate Professor of Dermatology in the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra since 2011.
He has been director of 3 doctoral theses.
As a researcher
He has published 2 books and 25 book chapters.
He has published more than 100 articles in international journals and more than 50 articles in national journals.
He has been director and coordinator of 9 scientific courses. R
Reviewer of the international journal: "Archives of Dermatology", "British Journal of Dermatology", "Journal of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology", "Dermatologic Surgery", "Clinical and Experimental Dermatology", "British Medical Journal", and of the Spanish journal "Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas".
- Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Syphilology.
- European Society for Dermatological Research (ESDR).
- International Society for the Study of Vascular Malformation (ISSVA).
- Spanish Group of Surgical, Laser and Oncological Dermatology.
- Ibero-Latin American College of Dermatology (CILAD).
- Spanish Society of Vascular Anomalies (SEAV).
Latest scientific publications
- Surgical outcomes and psychosocial impact of giant congenital melanocytic nevus surgery: A single-center case series of 136 patients Nov 1, 2021 | Magazine: Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Fat1 deletion promotes hybrid EMT state, tumour stemness and metastasis Dec 16, 2020 | Magazine: Nature