Dr. Lain Hermes González
Specialist in Neurosurgery.
Preferential dedication to the study and treatment of movement disorders and neuro-oncological pathology. Development of innovative techniques such as HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound treatment).
Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (UB) in October 2009. Bellvitge Hospital.
Clinical Research Fellow in the Department of Neurosurgery and Neurosciences at the National Taiwan University Hospital, in Taipei (Taiwan). 2009-2012.
Resident in Neurosurgery Department at Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, in Madrid (Spain). 2012-2017.
Medical resident in the Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Hospital 12 de Octubre in Madrid. 2015.
Fellow in minimally invasive neurosurgery and neuro-oncology at Prince of Wales Private Hospital, under the supervision of Prof. Charles Teo, in Sydney (Australia). 2016
Rotating external physician in vascular neurosurgery at Teishinkai Hospital in Sapporo, Japan. 2016.
Assistant physician specializing in group neurosurgery HOSPITALES MADRID (HM). HM Sanchinarro, HM Montepríncipe, HM Puerta del Sur, HM Torrelodones and HM Valle Suchil hospitals. From 2017 to 2019.
He has collaborated on more than 5 research projects including studies on HIFU treatment in patients with Parkinson's disease and international studies on Glioblastoma.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Treatment with HIFU and LIFU. Movement disorders.
- Oncological neurosurgery.
- Gliomas and other primary tumors of the central nervous system.
- Metastases and secondary tumors of the central nervous system.
- Tumors of the base of the skull.
- Treatment of pain, especially trigeminal neuralgia.
- Functional neurosurgery.
- Surgical and non-surgical therapies of movement disorders: essential tremor, Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism, Dystonia ...
- Spinal surgery.
As an educator
Tutor and coach of medical students for the MIR and ENARM CTO Group. Madrid. 2012-2014.
Director of the USMLE Department. Founder of the Project. "USMLE for foreigners". CTO Group. Madrid. 2013-2018
Associate professor at CEU San Pablo University. Subject of neurosurgery. Pozuelo de Alarcón Madrid. Neurosurgery Department. 2017-2019.
As a researcher
He has written and/or collaborated in more than 40 communications to national and international congresses.
He has collaborated in the elaboration of 3 books, contributing in the writing of specific chapters in fields of oncological and/or spinal neurosurgery.
He has published more than 10 articles in international scientific journals.
- 2017 Graduated with honors. Neurosurgery residency.
- Gregorio Marañón General University Hospital. 2012 Number 23 of the promotion of MIR examination 2011-2012.
- 1st MIR candidate to choose neurosurgery nationally (Number 1 of the specialty). 2009 Honorable mention.
- Bachelor of Medicine. Bellvitge Hospital (UB). Promotion 2008-2009 2008
- Certificate of Proficiency in English. Cambridge University. 2008
- Intensive Course for Level 3 of the International Test for Proficiency in Japanese Hawarajuku school. Kyoto. (JAPAN) 2008
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test. Level 4. "Nihongonou ryokushiken 4kyuu" 日本語能力試験４級。2008
- Associate member of the Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SENEC).
Latest scientific publications
- Bilateral staged magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy for the treatment of essential tremor: a case series study Sep 1, 2021 | Magazine: Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
- Factors Associated with Headache and Nausea During Magnetic Resonance-Guided Focused Ultrasound for Tremor Apr 18, 2021 | Magazine: Movement Disorders Clinical Practice