Graduate (1990) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of the Basque Country and Doctor (1999) in Medicine and Surgery by the University of Navarra. Specialist in Urology by the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in the years 1995-99.
He has made training stays in the Department of Urology at the University of Miami (USA, 1999) with the Scholarship "Urology & Teaching", the University of Strasbourg (France, 2003- 2004) Diplôme D'Université de Chirurgie Laparoscopique and the Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery and the University of Caceres (2005) with the Scholarship Spanish Association of Urology.
Head of Section of Urology at the Hospital de Manacor in Mallorca (2007- 2012). Creator of the Advanced Urological Laparoscopy Unit (UNILAURO) in the Balearic Islands.
Introduction of the laparoscopic urological program in the public and private clinical activity: Nephrectomy (2004), Prostatectomy and Adrenal (2005), Cystectomy and partial nephrectomy (2006) and LESS Nephrectomy (2010).
Accredited training diploma in the "Da Vinci" Robot handling (2013).
Principal researcher in a clinical trial and co-researcher in 11 on prostatic hypertrophy, overactive bladder, prostate cancer and surgical techniques.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Laparoscopic, oncological, minimally invasive and reconstructive urological surgery.
- New technologies (KTP "greenlight" prostatic laser, Holmium laser in urinary lithiasis and "Da Vinci" robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery)
As an educator
Professor of Urology ( subject of Andrology) University of Navarra (academic year 2013-2014).
Student Advisor, School of Medicine, University of Navarra.
Collaborator in postgraduate training (Urology residents) of the Urology Department.
As a researcher
Several publications, oral presentations and surgical videos in national and regional congresses.
- Spanish Association of Urology.
Latest scientific publications
- Daily Pad Usage Versus the International Consultation on Incontinence Questionnaire Short Form for Continence Assessment Following Radical Prostatectomy Jun 24, 2020 | Magazine: International Neurourology Journal
- Predicting the effectiveness of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy on urinary tract stones. Risk groups for accurate retreatment Sep 4, 2017 | Magazine: Actas Urológicas Españolas