He graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra in 1989. Specialist in Cardiology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in 1996. Doctor of Medicine by the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra in 2016.
He inaugurated and started up the Cardiology Service of the Department of Internal Medicine of the Hospital of Manacor (Mallorca) in April of 1997.
He has been a specialist in the Department of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of the University of Navarra Clinic since 2002.
He carried out a three-month professional exchange in the Hemodynamics Laboratory of the Cardiology Service B of the Rangueil University Hospital in Toulouse (France) under the supervision of Professor Puel (2002).
Schering-Plough Fellowship for the investigation of acute coronary syndromes 2001 for the work: Clinical study on the relationship between markers of inflammation, atherosclerosis and thrombosis in stable and unstable angina.
Optimization of results in the percutaneous treatment of ischemic cardiopathy.
Diagnostic imaging study of ischemic cardiopathy.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Study of the diagnosis and percutaneous treatment of ischemic heart disease, aortic valve disease and structural heart disease.
Use of the simulation in the learning of the students of Medicine.
As an educator
Professor hired by the doctor of the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has participated in 14 articles in national and international journals and has published 3 chapters in books of other authors.
- Accreditation course for the management of medical radiodiagnostic facilities.
- Accredited in specific training for the practice of Hemodynamics and Interventional Cardiology since 2007 by the Section of Hemodynamics and Interventional Cardiology of the Spanish Society of Cardiology.
- Training course in radiological protection for the interventional practice.
- Spanish Society of Cardiology. Section of Hemodynamics of the Spanish Society of Cardiology.
- European Society of Cardiology.
- European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions.
Latest scientific publications
- Early clinical outcomes after transaxillary versus transfemoral TAVI. Data from the Spanish TAVI registry Jun 1, 2022 | Magazine: Revista Española de Cardiología
- TrueVue imaging of devices implanted in the interatrial septum Aug 1, 2020 | Magazine: Revista Española de Cardiología