Graduated (1995) and was awarded her doctorate (2005) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra. She specialised in Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
She completed her training with a fellowship in Oncological Research and received a Certificate of Training in Molecular and Biological Techniques in the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, USA. She was also a Research Collaborator in Oncology in this centre and in 2011, gained the Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research from the Mayo Clinic.
She now works as Codirector of the Breast Cancer Area at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Associated Clinical Research in the Oncology Unit of the Molecular Oncology Laboratory in the Centre of Applied Medical Research (CIMA-CUN).
She has revised the following magazines:
- American Journal of Gastroenterology since June 2008
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology since September 2008
- Case Reports in Gastroenterology since October 2008
- Navarra Health Records since February 2011
- Clinical Cancer Research since October 2012
- Tumour Biology since December 2012
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Breast Cancer
- Tumorous stem cells
As an educator
Associate Professor for the ANECA.
Associate Professor at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine Research.
As a researcher
- Author of 26 articles, 3 books and 3 book chapters.
- She has made 37 presentations at conferences.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Breast Cancer Research Group.
- Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM).
- Spanish Group of Research in Neuro-Oncology (GEINO).
- Spanish Group of Research in Breast Cancer (GEICAM) (in the neoadjuvant group and in the translational research group).
- Member of the Thematic Network of Cooperative Research in Cancer (RTICC).
Latest scientific publications
- Leisure-time physical activity, sedentary behavior, and risk of breast cancer Mar 30, 2021 | Magazine: Preventive Medicine
- Palbociclib combined with endocrine therapy in heavily pretreated HR +/HER2 - advanced breast cancer patients Nov 13, 2020 | Magazine: Breast