Graduated (1995) and Doctor (2005) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra. Specialist in Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in 2001.
She completed her training with a fellowship in Oncology Research and obtained the Certificate of Training in Molecular and Biological Techniques at the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, USA (2006-2009, 2010).
She is also a Research Collaborator in Oncology at the same center and in 2011 he obtained the Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research from the Mayo Clinic.
Master in Oncology Services Management. University of Alcalá. Madrid. 2013-2014.
Master of Research in Immuno-Oncology. University of Navarra. Pamplona. 2015-2016.
Coordinator of the Breast Cancer Area of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra from 2009 to 2014 and co-director from January 2015 to May 2022.
Six-year research fellowships 2002-2010 and 2011-2017.
Associate Clinical Researcher in the Oncology Area of the Molecular Oncology Laboratory at the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA-CUN).
Principal investigator of 5 funded research projects (one of them the application of vaccines with dendritic cells in breast cancer) and co-investigator of 8 more research projects.
Principal investigator in more than 15 clinical trials and sub-investigator in more than 20 clinical trials.
She has co-directed 4 doctoral theses and has participated in the tribunal of 5 theses. She has supervised 9 end-of-degree theses of students at the University of Navarra.
Reviewer of the following journals:
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Nov2020
- Clinical Cancer Research. Oct 2020.
- Frontiers in Oncology. Sept 2020.
- Journal of Chemotherapy. Ref: JOC1808R1. Dec 2019.
- Pharmaceutical Research. Dec 2019.
Member of the Ethics Committee of the Navarra Drug Research Ethics Committee. Department of Health. Government of Navarra.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Breast Cancer
- Tumorous stem cells
As an educator
- Associate Professor Doctor by the ANECA.
- She is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
- Tutor in the training of Resident Interns in the specialty of Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
- Evaluator of the accreditation of the Continuing Health Care Training. Department of Health. Government of Navarra.
As a researcher
- Author of more than 50 scientific publications, 1 book and 7 book chapters.
- She has presented more than 100 communications and papers in national and international congresses.
- 2022-present Member of the Task Force of BIG (Breast International Group) in early development of new drugs.
- 2020-present Member of the Evaluation Committee of the GEICAM Balil-Pelegrí grants.
- 2000-present | Member of SEOM (Spanish Society of Medical Oncology).
- 2012-present | Member of GEINO (Spanish Neuro-oncology Research Group).
- 2012-present | Member of RTICC (thematic network of Cooperative Research in Cancer) in the call Networks 2012 (RD2012/0036/0063).
- 2014-present | Member of the Commission for the Training of Medical Specialists, Colegio de Médicos de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
- 2016-2018 | Member of the triple negative breast cancer group in GEICAM.
- 2016-present | Coordinator of the UN breast cancer research group NEONCOBREAST.
- 2017-current | Co-Principal Investigator of the biomarkers and cancer group at IdiSNA. Code 710C.
- 2018-current | Member of the Ethics Committee of Research with drugs of Navarra. Department of Health. Government of Navarra.
- 2018-current | Member of the Board of Directors of GEICAM.
- 2020-current | Active member of the Translational Research group in GEICAM.
Latest scientific publications
- Modification of Breast Cancer Milieu with Chemotherapy plus Dendritic Cell Vaccine: An Approach to Select Best Therapeutic Strategies Jan 17, 2023 | Magazine: Biomedicines
- Pembrolizumab in combination with gemcitabine for patients with HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: GEICAM/2015-04 (PANGEA-Breast) study Dec 3, 2022 | Magazine: BMC Cancer