Dr. María Rodríguez Pérez
Graduated in Medicine, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2004-2010.
Training stay at UCSF (University California in San Francisco), 2011.
Training stay at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Minimally Invasive Surgery), 2013.
Training stay at University of Chicago Medicine (Esophageal Pathology), 2013.
Formative stay at Aahrus University Medical Center (Pectus excavatum), 2014.
Training stay at Vienna General Hospital (Lung Transplant), 2015.
Thoracic Surgery Residency at Salamanca University Hospital, Spain, 2011-2016.
EBTS (European Board of Thoracic Surgery), 2016.
Collaborator Harvard Medical School-Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 2016-2018.
AATS (American Association for Thoracic Surgery) Certification in Robotic Surgery, 2018.
Fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital-Harvard Medical School-Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 2016-2018
Director of the ESTS (European Society of Thoracic Surgeons) patient centered care group.
Member of the Robotic Surgery Interest Group of the ESTS.
Editor of the Thoracic Surgery section of Annals of Translational Medicine.
Lines of research
- Results and quality improvement in Thoracic Surgery
- Fast Track and ERAS (Accelerated Recovery) in Thoracic Surgery
- Patient Safety
- Perioperative risk
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Early diagnosis and personalised treatment of lung cancer
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Metastases
- Lung nodules
- Thymoma and thymus tumors
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Esophageal cancer
- Neurogenic tumors of the thorax
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Thoracic trauma
As an educator
- Collaborating faculty from Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Collaborator of the AATS in the development of educational content for residents and fellows in its website.
- Simulation courses at STRATUS Center for medical simulation (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School).
- Collaboration in teaching students at the University of Salamanca.
As a researcher
She has participated in 14 articles published in national and international scientific journals.
She has written more than 50 papers and communications to national and international congresses related to her specialty.
- The only European thoracic surgeon with the American certificate in robotic surgery.
- Member of the ESTS (European Society of Thoracic Surgeons).
- Member of EACTS (European Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery).
- Member of SECT (Spanish Society of Thoracic Surgery).
- Member of SEPAR (Spanish Society of Respiratory Pathology).
Latest scientific publications
- PleurX indwelling pleural catheter for the treatment of recurrent pleural effusion in advanced ovarian cancer Nov 4, 2020 | Magazine: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- Stair-climbing Test: Beyond the Height Jul 10, 2020 | Magazine: Thorax