Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in 1991.
Specialist in Neurology (via MIR) at the Fundación Jiménez Díaz in 1995.
Stay in the MDA H. Houston Merrit Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases (Prof. Dr. DiMauro) and Pediatric Neurology (Prof. Dr. Darryl C. De Vivo). College of Physicians and Surgeons. Columbia University. NY. in the year 1994.
Since 2001 he has conducted multiple clinical trials on headache (migraine, cluster headache, etc.)
Good Clinical Practices Certificate:
- NIDA Clinical Trials Network (19/12/16-19/12-19)
- Trifecta Multimedical (29/3/2017)
Currently underway (2017):
Cluster headache: A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Placebo-Controlled,Parallel- Group Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of 2 Dose Regimens (Intravenous/Subcutaneous and Subcutaneous) of TEV-48125 versus Placebo for the Prevention of Episodic and Chronic Cluster Headache. TEVA/ TV48125-CNS-30057/ TV48125-CNS-30056 /TV48125-CNS-30058
In 2018: Protocol TV48125-CNS-30068. A Multicenter, Randomized, Double- Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel‑Group Study to evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Fremanezumab for Prophylactic Treatment of Migraine in Patients with Inadequate Response to Prior Preventive Treatments.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Study of the physiopathology of migraines by means of functional neuroimaging.
- Mechanisms involved in headache pain.
As a researcher
He has published more than 65 scientific articles in national and international journals.
She has co-authored 23 chapters and booklets on headaches.
She has presented numerous papers and written communications in national and international congresses related to her specialty.
- 1997- International Headache Society/Glaxo Wellcome Research Fellowship to work on Functional MRI imaging during migraine attacks. Massachusetts General Hospital. Harvard Medical School. Boston. MA.
- 1998-99 AASH/Glaxo Wellcome Clinical Research Award to work on Functional MRI imaging in migraine. Massachusetts General Hospital. Harvard Medical School. Boston. MA.
- 2000 AASH/Merck US Human Clinical Fellowship Stipend. Jefferson Headache Center at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
- 2000-2003 P.P.A. Humphrey IHS-GlaxoSmithKline Research Fellowship 2000. For Headache Research in Spain.
- 2003- Best oral presentation " Subcortical activation in paroxysmal headaches: SUNCT and pure V-1 neuralgia". Spanish Society of Neurology.
- 2003/4: Rafael Hervada Award for Biomedical Research. Functional magnetic resonance and migraine: study of cortical reactivity and its relationship with photophobia.
Scientific Award in Headaches 2011. Spanish Society of Neurology.
- Since 1997- International Headache Society
- Since 1998- American Association for the study of Headache
- 1999-2002- Residents and Trainees subcommittee of I.H.S.
- Since 1999- Spanish Society of Neurology. Headache Group (GECSEN)
- 2000- Junior Secretary of Headache section EFNS
- 2001- Member of the CONTINUUM course. American Academy of Neurology program.
- 2001- Co-director of Controversies in Headaches, educational program for neurologists (GSK).
- 2004- Scientific Committee of the Mediterranean Neurological Society.
- 2005-2011- Contributing Editor of Headache Currents (American Headache Society)
- Since 2005- Member of the Editorial Committee of Neurologia
- Since 2006- Member of the Ad Hoc Committee of the Headache Study Group. S.E.N.
- 2007-2011: Member of the Executive Committee of the International Headache Society
- Since 2010- Member of the Clinical Trials Committee Hospital Ruber Internacional
- 2011- Co-director of scientific advances in headaches. Ramon Areces Foundation
- 2011-2016 - Reviewer of scientific communications of the Spanish Society of Neurology
- 2018- Member of the Board of the European Headache Society
Latest scientific publications
- Documento de revisión y actualización de la cefalea por uso excesivo de medicación [SP] Sep 8, 2020 | Magazine: Neurología
- European Headache Federation Consensus on the Definition of Resistant and Refractory Migraine Jun 16, 2020 | Magazine: Journal Headache Pain