Dr. Manuel Landecho
Specialist in Internal Medicine.
Special dedication to Internal Medicine consultation patients focused on second opinion; and Check-up Unit focused on cardiovascular risk, obesity and health promotion.
Graduate (2001) and Doctor (2009) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra.
Specialist in Internal Medicine at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Medical Specialist of the Department of Internal Medicine of the Clinica Universidad de Navarra since 2002. With special dedication to patients of Internal Medicine consultation focused on second opinion; and Check-up Unit focused on cardiovascular risk, obesity and health promotion.
Academic Correspondent of the Royal Academy of Medicine and Surgery of Valladolid.
He has been accredited with a six-year research period.
Member of the research team of 9 grants.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- His interest is focused on hospitalism, vascular risk, multipathological patient, difficult diagnostic patient and severe patient.
- Medical check-ups.
As an educator
- Professor at the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra, with different positions, since 2002.
- At present, I am a contracted doctoral professor with official accreditation by ANECA.
- I have supervised 3 doctoral theses and 6 Final Degree Works.
- Tutor of residents between 2009 and 2017.
As a researcher
He has collaborated in the publication of more than 47 articles in national and international journals and 4 as part of the international PROG-IMT team.
Author of 15 book chapters, and numerous papers/communications to national/international congresses.
He is a reviewer of international journals:
- Journal of Hospital Medicine (Impact in 2010: 1.49).
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (Impact in 2010: 4.1).
- Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry (2010 impact: 0.89).
- Annals of the Navarra Health System.
- Spanish Society of Internal Medicine
Latest scientific publications
- Antagonic effect of ghrelin and LEAP-2 on hepatic stellate cell activation and liver fibrosis in obesity-associated nonalcoholic fatty liver disease Jul 10, 2023 | Magazine: European Journal of Endocrinology
- Estimation of fatty liver disease clinical role on glucose metabolic remodelling phenotypes and T2DM onset Jun 11, 2023 | Magazine: European Journal of Clinical Investigation