Dr. Macarena Rodríguez Fraile
Preferential dedication: Treatment with microspheres marked with 90-Y in liver tumors. PET with 11C-Choline in early prostate carcinoma and in recurrence after treatment with curative intention.
Graduated in Medicine from the University of Cadiz (1999). Specialist in Nuclear Medicine by the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Doctor of Medicine by the University of Navarra in 2011.
Specialist in the Nuclear Medicine Service of the University of Navarra Clinic.
- She has collaborated in more than 14 research projects.
- Treatment with microspheres marked with 90-Y in liver tumors.PET with 11C-Choline in early prostate carcinoma and in recurrence after treatment with curative intention.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Radioembolization of liver tumors with microspheres marked with 90Y
- PET/CT with 11C-Choline in prostate carcinoma.
- PET/CT with FDG in breast cancer and melanoma.
- Sentinel node radioguided surgery in breast, melanoma, gynecological and head and neck tumors.
- Bone densitometry, morphometry and body composition analysis.
As an educator
- Associate Professor of the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
- Tutor of Nuclear Medicine Residents since 2013.
As a researcher
- She has written more than 30 papers/communications to national/international congresses, collaborated in more than 20 books and national and international journals
Latest scientific publications
- FDG PET/CT in Colorectal Cancer Feb 1, 2020 | Magazine: Revista Española de Medicina Nuclear e Imagen Molecular
- Significant dose reduction is feasible in FDG PET/CT protocols without compromising diagnostic quality Feb 15, 2018 | Magazine: Physica Medica