Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid (1992). Specialist in Medical Oncology by the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (1997) and Doctor of Medicine by the University of Navarra (2004).
Specialist of the Department of Oncology of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and Head of the Oncology Hospitalization Unit.
- He has participated as principal investigator in 15 clinical trials with new drugs for the treatment of cancer and as a collaborating researcher in more than 30.
- Member of the team in more than 20 research projects financed by different public (Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Government of Navarra) and private (Sociedad Española de Oncología Médica, Mutua Madrileña) entities.
AREAS OF INTEREST
His areas of interest include the immunological treatment of cancer and the mechanisms of resistance to oncological treatments.
As an educator
Accredited by the National Agency of Evaluation and Accreditation (ANECA) as a titular professor (2011) and positive evaluation of two six-year periods of research.
Titular professor of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra, being responsible for the subject "Oncology" and the subject "Clinic Practice 3" of the degree in Medicine. He also teaches the subjects "Preclinical" and "Respiratory System", in the Specialization Course in Oncological Nursing and in the Master's Degree in Bioethics.
As a researcher
- Author of 9 book chapters and 40 publications in specialized magazines.
- He has presented 50 communications at national and international congresses in the specialty.
- Spanish Society of Medical Oncology.
- Spanish Society for the Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer.
Latest scientific publications
- Complement C5a induces the formation of neutrophil extracellular traps by myeloid-derived suppressor cells to promote metastasis Dec 28, 2021 | Magazine: Cancer Letters
- Palbociclib and cetuximab compared with placebo and cetuximab in platinum-resistant, cetuximab-naïve, human papillomavirus-unrelated recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A double-blind, randomized, phase 2 trial Apr 1, 2021 | Magazine: Oral Oncology