Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia (1993) and Doctor of Medicine from the University of Navarra (2000). Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery, Clínica Universidad de Navarra (1999). Research Fellow (2000-2001). Diploma in Coloproctology by the European Board Surgical Qualification (UEMS, 2003). Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, Ohio).
Since 2006, he has been a specialist in General and Digestive Surgery at the Department of General Surgery of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Area of Coloproctology.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Pathology of the pelvic floor.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Laparoscopic surgery of the large intestine.
As an educator
Associate professor of theory and practice in the subject of the Digestive System in the 5th year of Medicine at the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has participated in the publication of 19 scientific articles in international journals as well as other scientific publications, books, book chapters, prologues, introductions and annotations to texts of recognized scientific value.
In addition, he has participated in the elaboration of 80 abstracts and communications to congresses.
Latest scientific publications
- Dermatopontin Influences the Development of Obesity-Associated Colon Cancer by Changes in the Expression of Extracellular Matrix Proteins Aug 17, 2022 | Magazine: International Journal of Molecular Sciences
- Serum Levels of IL-1 RA Increase with Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes in Relation to Adipose Tissue Dysfunction and are Reduced After Bariatric Surgery in Parallel to Adiposity Feb 24, 2022 | Magazine: Journal of Inflammation Research