Dr. Jorge Baixauli
Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery.
Preferential dedication to color-proctology
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia (1993) and Doctor of Medicine from the University of Navarra (2000). Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery, Clínica Universidad de Navarra (1999). Research Fellow (2000-2001). Diploma in Coloproctology by the European Board Surgical Qualification (UEMS, 2003). Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, Ohio).
Since 2006, he has been a specialist in General and Digestive Surgery at the Department of General Surgery of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Area of Coloproctology.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Pathology of the pelvic floor.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Laparoscopic surgery of the large intestine.
As an educator
Associate professor of theory and practice in the subject of the Digestive System in the 5th year of Medicine at the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has participated in the publication of 19 scientific articles in international journals as well as other scientific publications, books, book chapters, prologues, introductions and annotations to texts of recognized scientific value.
In addition, he has participated in the elaboration of 80 abstracts and communications to congresses.
- Spanish Society of Surgeons (AEC), January 1999.
- Spanish Society of Digestive Pathology, January 2001.
- Spanish Society of Coloproctology, January 2001.
Latest scientific publications
- ILEOSTIM trial: a study protocol to evaluate the effectiveness of efferent loop stimulation before ileostomy reversal Apr 27, 2023 | Magazine: Techniques in Coloproctology
- Impact of perineural invasion on the outcome of patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and surgery Apr 7, 2023 | Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology