Dr. Javier Rodríguez
Co-Director of the Department of Medical Oncology. Medical Oncology Specialist
Area of Expertise: Digestive Oncology
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra (1997). He specialised in Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. He was awarded his doctorate by the University of Navarra (2013).
Specialist on the Gastrointestinal Tumours and Hepatobiliary Tumours Unit in the Medical Oncology Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Since 2022, co-director of the Department of Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
- He led a research project and has collaborated in 4 others.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Multidisciplinary treatment of gastrointestinal tumours & Chemotherapy programmes
- Biological modulation of drug responses – molecular basis of the response and resistance to chemotherapy and biological therapies. Combination of molecularly led therapies
- Molecular marker predictors of response and prognosis of survival rate
As a researcher
He has published or collaborated on more than 65 articles in prestigious international and national magazines.
Latest scientific publications
- Liver Resection and Transplantation Following Yttrium-90 Radioembolization for Primary Malignant Liver Tumors: A 15-Year Single-Center Experience Jan 25, 2023 | Magazine: Cancers
- Delays to surgery following chemoradiotherapy lead to poorer oncologic outcomes in patients with localized pancreatic adenocarcinoma Nov 22, 2022 | Magazine: Revista Española de Enfermedades Digestivas