Dr. Jaime Gállego
Specialist in Neurology.
Preferential dedication to the study and treatment of primary brain tumors, paraneoplastic neurological syndromes and other neurological complications of cancer, multiple sclerosis and autoimmune neurological diseases.
Degree in Medicine from the University of Navarra (2003). Doctor of Medicine, University of Navarra (2013).
Specialist in Neurology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (2008). Clinical Research Fellow in Neuro-Oncology at the Hôpital La Salpêtrière in Paris, under the direction of Professor Jean-Yves Delattre (2009-2011). Diploma in Neuro-Oncology from the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, 2010-2012).
Specialist of the Department of Neurology of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and coordinator of the Neuro-Oncology Area.
Member of the Brain Tumor Group of the Institute for Health Research of Navarra (IdiSNA).
He has carried out several clinical trials as principal investigator and has collaborated in more than 10 trials/research projects.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Study of the diagnosis and treatment of primary brain tumors.
Study of the treatment of glioblastoma in the elderly patient. Research on blood biomarkers of brain tumors.
Study and treatment of multiple sclerosis and immune-mediated diseases.
As an educator
Associate Clinical Professor of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has written more than 60 papers/communications to national and international congresses, and collaborated in more than 45 books and national and international journals.
Awards and recognitions
- European Association of Neuro-oncology Best Research of the Year Award.
- Full member of the Spanish Society of Neurology (SEN), Coordinator of the Neuro-Oncology Study Group.
- Member of the Navarre Society of Neurology.
- Member of the Spanish Group of Research in Neuro-Oncology (GEINO).
- Member of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO).
- Member of the Brain Tumor Group of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer.
Latest scientific publications
- Agrypnia Excitata and Supranuclear Vertical Gaze Palsy Linked to Anti-Ma Encephalitis Feb 18, 2024 | Magazine: Movement Disorders Clinical Practice
- Neurological adverse events related to immune-checkpoint inhibitors in Spain: a retrospective cohort study Dec 1, 2023 | Magazine: The Lancet. Neurology