Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra, she obtained the Extraordinary Doctorate Award from the Faculty of Medicine of the same University in 1995.
Later, she carried out a post-doctoral stay in the United Kingdom, specifically, in the Medical Research Council - Dunn Clinical Nutrition Centre, University of Cambridge in the group of Obesity and Energy Balance directed by Prof. Dr. Andrew Prentice, being distinguished as a Research Fellow of the prestigious Royal Society.
During this time in the UK she also worked as an Associate Professor at the University of Cambridge. Since 1998 she has been a Registered Nutritionist of the Nutrition Society (UK).
Since December 1998, he has been a member of the Multidisciplinary Team for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Obesity at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra, and has introduced body composition and indirect calorimetry tests into daily clinical practice.
Since 2015 she has been Co-Director of the Obesity Area of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Director of the Metabolic Research Laboratory of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra
AREAS OF INTEREST
Her main area of interest is the study of the physiopathology and mechanisms of obesity.
As an educator
Professor of Nutrition and Bromatology, School of Medicine, University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has received several national and international awards for his work in the field of obesity and nutrition, among them:
- IBER" Award 1996 "Nutrition Society Medal" (2000)
- López Sánchez" Foundation Award from the Royal National Academy of Medicine (2001)
- Clínica Abril" Research Award from the Royal Academy of Medicine of the District of Granada (Eastern Andalusia) and Corresponding Academician of the same Royal Academy (2002)
- Best Paper Award from "Obesity Surgery" (2004)
- Doctor Laguna Serrano" Award from the Royal National Academy of Medicine (2005) "Sir David Cuthbertson Medal" from the Nutrition Society (2005)
- A.M.A. Food and Health Award (2007)
- Pfizer Award to the Trajectory in Neuroendocrinology from the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (2009)
- GSK Award to the best original article by the Spanish Society for the Study of Obesity (2009)
- Honorable Mention at the British Medical Association Book Awards (2010)
- Fundación Lilly Award for a Distinguished Career (2011)
Latest scientific publications
- Hepatic p63 regulates glucose metabolism by repressing SIRT1 May 17, 2022 | Magazine: Gut
- "Obesities": Position Statement on a complex disease entity with multifaceted drivers May 6, 2022 | Magazine: European Journal of Clinical Investigation