Dr. Felipe Prósper
Head of Cellular Therapy Unit
Co-director of Haematology and Haemotherapy Unit
Haematology and Oncology Specialist
Graduate (1988) and Doctor (1994) in Medicine from the University of Navarra. Specialist in Haematology and Haemotherapy by the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. He completed his training with a fellowship in Haematology and Oncology at the University of Minnesota (1997).
He is now the Head of the Cellular Therapy Unit and Co-director of the Haematology and Haemotherapy Unit at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Deputy Director of the Institute for Health Research of Navarra (IdiSNA) since February 2022.
Member of the editorial board of 15 national and international scientific journals
Evaluator for Agencia Nacional de Evaluación y Prospectiva (ANEP) from 1999 to present.
Evaluator for the Junta de Andalucía from 2006 to present.
Expert Evaluator of Research Projects in the European Union from 2007 to the present.
Coordinator of the Oncology and Hematology Area and member of the Internal Scientific Committee of the Institute for Health Research of Navarra. Appointed by the Government of Navarra (Department. of Health) February 11, 2014.
President of the Research Commission of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. From January 2014 to the present.
He has performed more than 30 clinical trials as principal investigator.
He has directed more than 50 research projects, obtaining funding from institutions such as FIS, the Ministry of Science and Technology, European projects and private institutions.
Positive evaluation (Six years). Advisory Committee of the National Evaluation Commission of the Research Activity. Application for Evaluation of the period between 1996-2013. Date: 18th June 2014
AREAS OF INTEREST
Study of the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Chronic myeloproliferative syndromes
It develops a research program and clinical application in cell therapy with adult stem cells, promoting several research lines, mainly focused on the use of stem cells for the treatment of cardiovascular, osteoarticular and immune diseases. It also maintains and develops a line of research on the mechanisms of epigenetic control in both hematological malignancies and healthy stem cells, aimed at investigating the role of these mechanisms in the regulation of self-renewal and differentiation.
As an educator
Accredited Professor and Private University Professor at the University of Navarra by ANECA in 2007, and Titukar Professor of University - Medicine in 2009.
He has directed 21 doctoral theses, all of them with the highest marks and 2 extraordinary awards.
As a researcher
He has given more than 260 invited lectures, organized and moderated sessions at national and international congresses.
He has published more than 220 articles in national and international journals.
He has published 24 chapters of national and international books
He has presented more than 190 papers to national and international congresses.
- Spanish Association of Hematology and Hemotherapy (AEHH) since 1990.
- American Society of Hematology (ASH) since 1994.
- International Society of Experimental Hematology (ISEH) since 1995.
- Spanish Association of Cancer Research (ASEICA) since 2002.
- European Hematology Association (EHA) since 2009.
- Young Investigator Award. Blood Club. Central Society of Clinical Investigation. Chicago 1996.
- Award to the Best Project of Basic Applied or Clinical Research in Breast Cancer. Novartis: Effects of inhibition of tyrosine kinase activity of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family receptors on the regulation of breast cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis (2001).
- Rafael Hervada Award for Biomedical Research: Myocardial regeneration with autologous myoblasts: experimental and clinical study. Rafael Hervada Hospital. December 2005.
- Accesit to the Bayer-Schering-Pharma Award 2007 in Research on Lymphoproliferative Syndromes: Epigenetic regulation of Wnt-signaling pathway in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. XLIX AEHH National Meeting and XXIII SETH National Congress. Pamplona, October 2007.
- FEHH-ASTRA ZENECA Award 2007. Epigenetic regulation of human cancer/testis antigen gene, HAGE, in chronic myeloid leukemia. XLIX AEHH National Meeting and XXIII SETH National Congress. Pamplona, October 2007.
- BIAL Award 2009. The role of Epigenetics in the Prognosis and Pathogenesis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Lisbon. May 2009.
Latest scientific publications
- 3D printed bioresorbable scaffolds for articular cartilage tissue engineering: A comparative study between neat Polycaprolactone (PCL) and Poly (lactide-b-ethylene glycol) (PLA-PEG) block copolymer Jun 14, 2022 | Magazine: Biomedicals Materials
- A diabetic milieu increases ACE2 expression and cellular susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infections in human kidney organoids and patient cells Jun 7, 2022 | Magazine: Cell Metabolism