Dr. Elena Panizo
Specialist in Pediatrics. Specialist in Hematology, preferential dedication to Pediatric Oncohematology and Hematopoietic Progenitor Transplantation
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra in 2005.
Specialist in Hematology and Hemotherapy at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in 2010.
Assistant physician of the Hematology and Hemotherapy service of the HM Hospital group between the years 2010 and 2015.
Doctor of Medicine with distinction "cum laude" in the doctoral thesis: "Evaluation of the impact of two electronic alert systems for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in oncological patients, both hospitalized and ambulatory", defended in the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra in the year 2015.
Specialist in Pediatrics and its Specific Areas in the University Hospital of Móstoles (Madrid) in the year 2019.
She has collaborated as a sub-investigator in more than 5 clinical trials.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Benign infantile hematology: pathology of red series, white series and platelet series.
- Hemostasis and thrombosis.
- Paediatric oncology: leukaemias, lymphomas, CNS tumours and sarcomas.
- Transplant of hematopoietic progenitors.
As an educator
Hired professor at the Universidad San Pablo CEU, School of Medicine, teaching the subject of Hematology. Courses 2011-2012, 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
Honorary Tutor of the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, School of Medicine, teaching the subject of Hematology in the 5th grade of Pediatrics. Courses 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019.
As a researcher
She has written more than 50 papers and communications to national and international conferences.
She has written and collaborated in more than 10 publications in national and international journals.
- Member of the Society of Hematology and Hemotherapy (SEHH).
- Member of the Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (SETH).
- Member of the Spanish Association of Pediatrics (AEP).
- Member of the Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (SEHOP). Member of the PTI working group of the SEHOP.
Latest scientific publications
- Hospital-based proton therapy implementation during the COVID pandemic: early clinical and research experience in a European academic institution May 23, 2023 | Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology
- Neurocognitive outcomes in pediatric brain tumors after treatment with proton versus photon radiation: a systematic review and meta-analysis May 8, 2023 | Magazine: World Journal of Pediatrics