Dr. Antonio González
Director of the Cancer Center Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
Director of the Department of Medical Oncology. Specialist in Medical Oncology.
He graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra in 1993.
Specialist in Medical Oncology at the Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal in Madrid in 1997.
Stay at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York in 1997.
Assistant Doctor in Medical Oncology in the Medical Oncology Service of the Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal in Madrid from 1998 to 2008.
From 2009 to 2017, he was head of the Department of Medical Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Since September 2017, he has been Co-Director of the Department of Medical Oncology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and since 2022, Director of the Department.
He has participated as principal investigator in over 50 clinical trials and as co-investigator in over 40 clinical trials, mostly on breast and gynecological cancer.
He has also served on the Steering Committee of several clinical trials of which PRIMA and PAOLA-1 are currently active.
In addition, he has worked as a collaborating researcher in several funded research projects.
Dr. González is the president of the Spanish Ovarian Cancer Group (GEICO), a scientific association for clinical and translational research in gynecological cancer and especially ovarian cancer.
He is also GEICO's representative in the European Network for Gynecological Oncologycal Trials (ENGOT) and the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG); an international organisation for clinical trials and treatment of gynecological cancers, where he is currently the chairman of the ovarian cancer committee.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Preferential dedication is gynecological and breast oncology.
As an educator
Associate professor and coordinator of the Oncology course at the Francisco de Vitoria University in Madrid from 2015 to the present.
Associate Professor at the University of Texas in the years 2015-2017.
As a researcher
Dr. Gonzalez has published 90 papers in the journals of renowned prestige in the speciality, including some high impact publications in clinical practice in Lancet Oncology, Journal of Clinical Oncology and New England Journal of Medicine; he has also presented more than 200 communications and papers in national and international congresses.
He has written more than 20 chapters on gynecological cancer, breast cancer and genitourinary cancer in national and international books and manuals.
He is a member of the Editorial Committee of the journal "Clinical and Translational Oncology" since 2007 and Co-director of the "Revista de Ginecología Oncológica".
He has been co-responsible for the organization of the Interational Symposium on Gynecological Cancer at MD Anderson in Madrid and member of the scientific committee of the biannual symposium "Update in Ovarian Cancer".
- Founding member of the Spanish Ovarian Cancer Research Group (GEICO).
- President of the Spanish Research Group on Ovarian Cancer (GEICO).
- Member of the Spanish Research Group on Breast Cancer (GEICAM).
- Member and Chair of de ovarian committe of the Gynecologic Cancer Intergroup.
- Member of the European Medical Oncology Society (ESMO).
- ESMO Faculty Member for the Gyencological Cancer Group.
Medical advisor of the Association of People Affected by Ovarian Cancer (ASACO).
- Member of EUTROC (European Network for Translational Research in Ovarian Cancer).
- Representative of GEICO in ENGOT (European Network for Gynecologic Oncology Trials).
Latest scientific publications
- Novel therapies leading to a new landscape in gynecologic tumors Mar 6, 2023 | Magazine: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- Outcomes and endpoints of relevance in gynecologic cancer clinical trials Mar 6, 2023 | Magazine: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer