Dr. Luis Labairu
Specialist of the Department of Urology.
Preferential dedication: to the study and treatment of urological tumors, to the development of minimally invasive surgical techniques (laparoscopic and robotic surgery) as well as advanced endourology techniques for urinary lithiasis or prostate hyperplasia (laser surgery, HOLEP).
Degree in Medicine from the University of Navarra (2005).
Specialty in Urology MIR in the Hospital of Navarra (2006-2011).
Director of X-Ray Medical Facilities (National Council for Nuclear Safety, 2010).
Fellow of the European Society of Sexual Medicine (2011).
Specialist Urology doctor at the University Hospital of Donostia (2011-2020). Responsible for the prostate laser surgery program since 2013.
Animal Experimentation Training 2013.
Doctor Cum Laude in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Salamanca (2015).
Experience in advanced endourology of urinary lithiasis since 2006.
Experience in advanced laparoscopy since 2007: nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, nephroureterectomy, adrenalectomy, lymphadenectomy and radical prostatectomy.
Experience in robotic surgery since 2011.
Experience in laser prostate techniques since 2012. Green laser and more than 600 patients operated by HOLEP technique.
- Clinical research in Urology at the Hospital de Navarra 2007-2011.
- Development of endourological surgical techniques for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- He has collaborated in five research projects.
- Expert (Proctor) and Scientific Collaborator in Werfen - Izasa.
- Hospital in the techniques of benign prostate hyperplasia performed with holmium laser since 2018.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Oncological surgery of genitourinary tumors: kidney, bladder, prostate.
- Laser treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Treatment of urinary lithiasis.
- Andrology and Sexual Medicine.
As an educator
- Collaborator in the training of Urology residents since 2011.
- Professor at Jesús Usón Minimal Invasion Surgery Center since 2013.
- Proctor in the training of urologists specialized in the HOLEP technique since 2018.
- Professor of experimental surgery in Biodonostia 2013-2020.
As a researcher
- Six publications in international media.
- He has contributed to 4 book chapters.
- He has collaborated in more than 34 publications, oral presentations and surgical videos in national and regional congresses.
- Associate member of the European Society of Urology.
- Associate member of ASESA (Spanish Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine).