Dr. Juan Manuel Alcalde
Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology.
Preferential dedication to the study and treatment of head and neck tumors.
Graduated in General Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine (1984) and Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Zaragoza (1986).
Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
He completed specialisation stays abroad at the Mersey Regional Head and Neck Oncology Unit (Liverpool), at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa-USA) and at the University of Texas. MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, USA).
Clinical Consultant - Specialist of the Clinic's Otorhinolaryngology Department.
He has focused on the study of head and neck carcinomas.
He has also been a principal investigator and collaborated in several research projects.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Carcinomas of the head and neck.
- Thyroid surgery.
- Oncological and reconstructive surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
As an educator
Positive evaluation as Hired Professor Doctor and Professor of Private University by the National Agency for Quality Assessment (ANECA) in 2015.
Hired Professor of Medicine at the University of Navarra, 2015.
As a researcher
He has participated as a speaker in more than 115 conferences, round tables or instruction courses, has published more than 60 articles in national and international magazines and written 14 book chapters and several electronic publications.
In the use of robotic and endoscopic surgery in the surgical treatment of thyroid diseases and head and neck tumors
- Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Cervico-Facial Pathology (SEORL).
- Navarre Society of Otorhinolaryngology (ANAORL).
- Spanish-German Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Cervico-Facial Surgery.
Latest scientific publications
- Quality of Life Impact of Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation with Inspire® Device in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Intolerant to Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy Oct 28, 2022 | Magazine: Life
- Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Spain: Implementation Strategy and Early Results in a Tertiary Care Center Jun 30, 2022 | Magazine: Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery