Graduate (1989) and Doctor (2011) in Medicine and General Surgery by the University of Navarra (1989). Specialist in Medical Oncology (1994) by the University of Navarra Clinic.
Coordinator of the Area of Gynecological Tumors.
- Participation in 2 research projects funded by public bodies as a research collaborator.
- Participation in 7 clinical trials in breast cancer, gynecological and brain tumors, in 3 of them as principal investigator.
- Reviewer of the journal Farmacia Hospitalaria.
- Participation in the academic group of research in breast cancer SOLTI.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- To achieve excellence in the treatment of breast, gynecological and brain tumors through the development of new multidisciplinary therapeutic approaches, with special interest in immunotherapy and pharmacological treatments.
- To improve the relation efficacy-toxicity of anti-tumor drugs through the development of pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamics programs in oncology.
- Hyperthermal perfusion of intraperitoneal chemotherapy in Sugarbaker type surgeries.
As an educator
Participation as a clinical associate professor in the teaching of undergraduate studies at the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra, and in the teaching of graduate studies in the Master's Degree in Pharmaceutical Care in Geriatrics of the School of Pharmacy of the University of Navarra.
Director of end of degree projects in the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
Co-author of 26 articles in national and international medical journals
- Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM).
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Member of the technical committee of the Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC) of Navarra.
Latest scientific publications
- A pharmacometrics model to define docetaxel target in early breast cancer Feb 1, 2023 | Magazine: British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- A Fibrosis Biomarker Early Predicts Cardiotoxicity Due to Anthracycline-Based Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Jun 14, 2022 | Magazine: Cancers