Dr. Ana Patiño García
Director of the Genomic Medicine Unit. Researcher at the Pediatrics Laboratory of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (CUN and CIMA)
Preferential dedication to childhood bone tumors and clinical genetics consultation.
Degree (1991) and PhD (1994) in Biological Sciences and Master in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (1993) from the University of Navarra.
She is currently Professor of Genetics in Pediatrics, Researcher at the Pediatric Laboratory of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (CUN and CIMA), Director of the Genomic Medicine Unit and co-director of the Constitutional Pathology and Solid Tumors Laboratory of CIMA LAB Diagnostics. In addition, she is Director of the Biomedical Research Diploma of the Faculty of Medicine since 2008 and Director of the Translational Medicine Unit of the Faculty of Medicine since 2012.
She is accredited in Human Genetics by the Spanish Association of Human Genetics (AEGH). Member of the Board of the Department of Pediatrics of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra, since January 2015. Member of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Society of Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics, SEFF since 2019.
She has the positive evaluation of the Research Activity by the National Evaluation Commission of four tranches 1995-2000, 2001-2006, 2007-2012, and 2013-2018.
Since 1995 co-investigator responsible, together with Dr. Marta Alonso, of the Laboratory of Advanced Therapies in Pediatric Solid Tumors/Lab. Pediatrics of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. This is a research group focused on the study of childhood brain tumors and sarcomas. She has participated as a researcher in more than 40 research projects in national and international competitive calls.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Research: preclinical research for the development of early phase clinical trials for the treatment of childhood brain tumors and sarcomas with modified adenoviruses. Genomic characterization of childhood tumors.
Assistance: genetic counseling to individuals and families with suspected genetic disease. Development of tools for clinical annotation of genetic variants identified in genomic studies.
As an educator
Since 2016 Professor of Genetics in Pediatrics.
She is currently responsible for the subjects of the Diploma of Biomedical Research of the Degree of Medicine. of the subject "New Technologies of Diagnosis and Analysis in Cancer", of the Master of Biomedical Research of the Faculty of Sciences and of "Quantification Techniques in Clinical Analysis" of the Master of Biomedical Engineering.
In addition, she is the director of the Translational Medicine Unit of the Faculty of Medicine since 2012.
As a researcher
Author of more than 135 scientific articles, more than 200 communications to congresses and 14 doctoral theses, both defended and in progress, Master's projects and Final Degree Projects.
More than half of her works are published in journals that occupy the first quartile of their category. The H index is 32 and the total number of citations received is 2692.
- Accredited as a laboratory geneticist by the European Board of Medical Genetics in 2022.
- Her research work has been awarded prizes by scientific bodies on 22 occasions.
- Spanish Association of Genetics, AEGH.
- Spanish Society of Medical Oncology, SEOM.
- Spanish Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, SEHOP.
- Spanish Sarcoma Research Group, GEIS.
- Board of Directors of the Spanish Society of Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics, SEFF.
- Spanish Ovarian Cancer Research Group, GEICO.
- Spanish Association for Cancer Research, ASEICA.
Latest scientific publications
- Promises of oncolytic viral therapy for adult and children with brain glioma Nov 1, 2023 | Magazine: Current Opinion in Oncology
- Brain 18F-FDG PET findings and sequential vestibular testing in SCA27B: a case report Oct 13, 2023 | Magazine: Journal of Neurology