Dr. Victor Rodrigo Paradells
Specialist in Neurosurgery.
Preferential dedication to the study and surgical treatment of spine and myelo-radicular pathology
Degree in Medicine from the University of Navarra.
Specialist in Neurosurgery in the Clinical Hospital "Lozano Blesa" in Zaragoza. Doctor of Medicine from the University of Zaragoza.
He has completed his training with international stays in the Baptist Hospital Of Miami, Florida, USA (Dr. S. González-Arias); in the Hochtaunus Kliniken of Bad Hombug, Frankfurt, Germany (Dr. D. Rosenthal) and in the Tirol Kliniken of Innsbruck, Austria (Prof. C. Thomé).
He has participated in medical social development projects in the third world in Jacaltenango, Guatemala and is a member of the NED Foundation (Neurosurgery, Education and Development) where he has participated in one of its missions in Mombasa, Kenya (Coast General Hospital).
He has completed the "European Spine Course Diploma Curriculum" by EUROSPINE (European Society of Spine Surgery).
AREAS OF INTEREST
His main interest is in spinal pathology.
He is dedicated to the diagnosis and surgical treatment of both degenerative and tumoral pathology of the spine.
As an educator
He has been a medical associate professor at the University of Zaragoza.
He is currently a Professor of Medicine at the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
Author of 8 articles in national and international magazines and 11 bokk chapters related to his specialty.
He has presented 25 communications to national and international congresses of the specialty.
- First prize for best oral communication. "Serious complications in anterior approach of cervical spine". XI National Congress of the Spanish Society of Neuroraquis. Albacete. March 2011.
- Award for best oral communication. "Long-term follow-up of patients who have undergone surgery for anterior cervical discectomy with placement of the Inion S1 resorbable plate" XIV National Congress of the Spanish Society of Neuroraquis. Almeria. March 2014.
- José Barberá" Neuroraquis Award 2015. To the best work related to the spine published during 2014 in an international magazine. "Esophageal, pharyngeal and hemorrhagic complications occurring in anterior cervical surgery: Three illustrative cases". March 2015.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SENEC).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Neuroraquis.
- Member of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS).
- Member of the European Society of Spine (Eurospine).
Latest scientific publications
- Antero-lateral transthoracic endoscopic approach for a calcified thoracic disc herniation Jul 1, 2022 | Magazine: Neurosurgical Focus:Video
- Intradural disc herniation: how I do it Mar 12, 2018 | Magazine: Acta Neurochirurgica