Dr. Paula Rodríguez Otero
Specialist in Hematology and Hemotherapy.
Medical Coordinator of the Central Unit for Clinical Trials.Specialist in Hematology and Hemotherapy. Medical Coordinator of the Central Unit for Clinical Trials.
Graduated (2004) and Doctor (2010) in Medicine by the University of Navarra.
Specialist in Hematology and Hemotherapy by the University of Navarra Clinic (2009).
She completed a training stay in a reference center abroad: Clinical and academic training in allogeneic transplantation. Hôpital Saint-Louis (Paris, France). University Paris 7 (November 2009 - November 2011).
Medical Coordinator of the Central Unit for Clinical Trials.
- Sub-investigator in more than 20 clinical trials in the area of OncoHematology.
- Collaborator in several translational research projects focused on the molecular biology and treatment of Lymphoblastic Water Leukemia and on the complications of allogeneic transplantation, focusing on Graft-versus-Host Disease.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Study of the molecular mechanisms underlying the development of certain hematological diseases, especially multiple myeloma, implications for their diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
As an educator
- Associate Clinical Professor of the University of Navarra, teaching the subject of Preclinical and Hematology seminars.
- Deputy Director of the Expert Degree in Immuno-Oncology of the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
As a researcher
She has participated in about 20 scientific publications in journals of impact in the field of Hematology.
She has also presented scientific papers in different national and international congresses.
Latest scientific publications
- LocoMMotion: a prospective, non-interventional, multinational study of real-life current standards of care in patients with relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma May 2, 2022 | Magazine: Leukemia
- A simple score to predict early severe infections in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma Apr 19, 2022 | Magazine: Blood Cancer Journal