She graduated in Biological Sciences from the University of Navarra in 1997. Doctor in Health Sciences by the Public University of Navarra 2001.
Specialized in the development of oncolytic viruses for childhood brain tumors.
She has done research stays at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, USA) and Texas Children's-Baylor (Houston, USA).
Since 2010 she is part of the Department of Pediatrics of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and of the Solid Tumors Program of Cima Universidad de Navarra.
She has participated in more than 30 research projects, being principal investigator in 22 of them. The competitive projects financed by: European Union (ERC-Consolidator), US Department of Defense, Ministry of Science and Innovation, Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Government of Navarra and private organizations.
She is co-inventor of 2 patents, some of which are in clinical phases for the treatment of brain tumors.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Development of new oncolytic viruses for the treatment of solid pediatric tumors.
- Study of the mechanisms of interaction between oncolytic viruses, the microenvironment and the response to them.
- Development of clinical trials based on oncolytic viruses alone or in combination with different therapeutic strategies for pediatric solid tumors.
- Study of the underlying biology in AT/RTs, PNETs, pediatric gliomas and diffuse midline gliomas.
As an educator
- He has directed 6 doctoral theses, 1 of which was recognized with the Extraordinary Doctoral Award of the University of Navarra.
- He has collaborated in the writing of 4 book chapters.
As a researcher
- He has participated in the publication of more than 60 scientific articles in international journals and in more than 50 communications to national/international congresses.
- It has obtained a 'Consolidator Grant' from the European Research Council (ERC).
- Asociación Americana para la Investigación del Cáncer (AACR).
- Sociedad de Neuro-Oncología (SNO).
Latest scientific publications
- Immunovirotherapy for Pediatric Solid Tumors: A Promising Treatment That is Becoming a Reality Apr 13, 2022 | Magazine: Frontiers in Immunology
- The Different Temozolomide Effects on Tumorigenesis Mechanisms of Pediatric Glioblastoma PBT24 and SF8628 Cell Tumor in CAM Model and on Cells In Vitro Feb 11, 2022 | Magazine: International Journal of Molecular Sciences