Dr. Leire Arbea Moreno
Specialist in Radiation Oncology.
Specialist of the Palliative Medicine Service.
Director of the Medical Education Unit, Faculty of Medicine.
Vice-Dean of Educational Innovation, Faculty of Medicine.
Degree in Medicine from the University of Navarra (1999).
Specialist in Radiation Oncology at the University Clinic of Navarra (2003).
Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Navarra (2011).
Certificate in Medical Education, University of Navarra (2012).
Master in Molecular Oncology CNIO (2013).
Basic and advanced teacher training course. University of Navarra/Culture and Society Institute (2014).
Expert degree in Immuno-Oncology, University of Navarra (2017).
Health Care Education 2.0: Transforming your teaching for the digital age. Harvard Macy Institute (2016).
Program for Educators in Health professionals. Harvard Macy Institute (2019).
Online Blended Learning Course, University of Navarra (2020).
Course Mastering Medical Teacher, Stanford Center for Professional Development (2021).
Course Assessment and Response to the Wish to Advance Death, International University of Catalonia (2023).
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Comprehensive management and symptom control in patients with advanced disease.
- Medical Education and Teaching Innovation.
As an educator
- Associate Professor at the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
- Clinical tutor of students of Medicine.
- Responsible for the subject of Oncology in the degree of Medicine.
- Responsible for the teaching innovation project "Medical Identity and professionalism", taught in the degree of Medicine.
- Responsible for the teaching innovation project "Interprofessional Education", taught in the degree of Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy.
- Director of the training program "Course of Innovation and Experience in Medical Education" CINEXEM, University of Navarra.
As a researcher
- Author of more than 30 articles indexed in national and international scientific journals.
- Co-author of 15 chapters of specialized books.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Medical Education (SEDEM).
- Member of International Association for Health Professional Educators (AMEE).
- Member of the Technical Committee of the Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC).
- Member of the Navarre Society of Palliative Care (PALIAN), the Spanish Society of Palliative Care (SECPAL), and the European Association of Palliative Care (EAPC).
- Extraordinary Doctorate Award (2011).
- Fundación Lilly-Universidad Complutense de Madrid Best Teaching Practice Award (2018), "Medical Identity".
- Fundación Lilly-Universidad Complutense de Madrid Best Teaching Practice Award (2019), "Interprofessional Education".
- INNOVA Award for the best innovation project of the University of Navarra "COVID: comprehensive training" (2022).
Latest scientific publications
- Impact of a longitudinal course on medical professionalism on the empathy of medical students Oct 31, 2023 | Magazine: Patient Education and Counseling
- Impact of perineural invasion on the outcome of patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and surgery Apr 7, 2023 | Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology