He graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid in 1985.
Specialist in Pediatrics and Specific Areas at the Hospital 12 de Octubre in Madrid in 1991.
He did two training stays in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition. University of California. Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1992-1993.
Master in Bioethics and Bio-Law from the University Rey Juan Carlos of Madrid. 2009-2010.
Doctor of Medicine from the Complutense University of Madrid in 2014.
FEA in Pediatrics at Doce de Octubre Hospital in Madrid from 1993 to 2017.
Assistant Doctor in the Clinical Nutrition Unit from 1993 to 2017.
Co-director of the Pediatrics Department of the Clinic from the end of 2017.
Medical Director of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra at its Madrid headquarters since 2020.
He has participated in four research projects:
- Plasma Aminogram in Pediatric Patients undergoing Congenital Heart Surgery. Sira Carrasco Scholarship from the Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Project SALUT! Intelligent Environment for Diagnostics, Treatment, and Prevention of Eating Disorders. IST-2000-25026. European Commission.
- Metabolic response to aggression in infants undergoing surgery for congenital heart disease. Role of glutamine. Fresenius-Kabi SENPE Scholarship.
- Scholarship of the Mutua Madrileña. Project: Assessment of the psychological burden on the caregiver in parents of children with enteral nutrition at home.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Specialist in Nutrition after a year at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Master in Bioethics and Bio-Law.
As an educator
Head of Studies in Specialized Training and President of the Teaching Commission of the 12 de Octubre Hospital since 2014.
Professor of masters and subjects related to ethics in universities such as the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, the Universidad Internacional de la Rioja or in CEU San Pablo.
As a researcher
More than 288 scientific publications in national and international journals
Co-author of more than 60 chapters of books in his specialty and collaboration in the edition of 13 books.
More than 15 oral and written communications in national and international conferences.
- SENPE Award - SENPE Foundation best oral communication in the SENPE 2016 Congress.
- Grifols-Senpe 2014 Award for the best original work published in Hospital Nutrition.
- 2nd Prize for communications in Hepatology: Liver dysfunction related to short term parenteral nutrition in children. XVIII SEGHNP Congress.
- Baxter-Senpe Award 2009. Phytosterolemia in Parenteral nutrition patients: implications for liver disease development.
- VEGENAT-SENPE Scholarship 2008.
- Director of the magazine Nutrición Hospitalaria since 2016.
- Deputy Director of the magazine Acta Pediátrica Española.
- He is a member of the editorial committee of: Nutrición Hospitalaria, Clinical Nutrition, Nutrition Therapy & Metabolism, Revista de Nutrición Clínica. Hospital Nutrition.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Pediatrics.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Bioethics (AEBI).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (SENPE).
Latest scientific publications
- Validation of the anthropometric data reported by parents of participants in the SENDO project Aug 25, 2021 | Magazine: Nutrición Hospitalaria
- Is home perimetry possible? Jun 1, 2021 | Magazine: Archivos de la Sociedad Española de Oftalmología