Dr. Carlos Centeno Cortés
Director of the Palliative Medicine Service
Specialist in Radiation Oncology.
Graduated (1986) and Doctor (1992) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valladolid. Doctor of Medicine from the University of Valladolid (1993).
University Specialist in Bioethics (1995) and Master in Palliative Medicine (2000).
Specialist in Radiation Oncology (1997) by the University Hospital of Valladolid, where he participated in the implementation of the first palliative care team of Castilla y León. Clinical Research Fellow at the University of Alberta in Canada (1998).
Director of the Palliative Medicine Service at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As an educator
- Professor of Palliative Medicine at the Universidad de Navarra in 2022.
- Professor of Palliative Medicine, Department of Clinical Training of the Faculty of Medicine of the Universidad de Navarra and in charge of the subject Palliative Medicine.
As a researcher
He has published the books:
- EAPC Atlas of Palliative Care in Europe (2019).
- Brief Manual on Health Indicators Monitoring Global Palliative Care Development (2019).
- White Book for Global Palliative Care Advocacy (2018).
- APCA Atlas of Palliative Care in Africa (2017).
- Atlas of Palliative Care in Eastern Mediterranean Region (2017).
- Atlas of Palliative Care in Latin America (2013).
- Handbook of Palliative Medicine (2009).
- Introduction to Palliative Medicine (1998).
In addition, he is the author of more than 60 research papers, published in national and international journals, on end-stage communication, neurotoxicity, delirium, methadone, subcutaneous drug administration, service development, etc.
Latest scientific publications
- ESGO/ESTRO/ESP Guidelines for the management of patients with cervical cancer - Update 2023 May 5, 2023 | Magazine: Virchows Archiv
- Monitoring the clinical practice of palliative sedation (PALSED) in patients with advanced cancer: an international, multicentre, non-experimental prospective observational study protocol Jan 28, 2023 | Magazine: BMC Palliative Care