He graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra in 2005.
Specialist in the Department of Neurology of the University of Navarra Clinic in 2008.
Clinical Fellow EEG/Epilepsy Program at the University Hospital London Health Science Centre (LHSC). Western University of London (Canada) in 2013-2014.
Specific technical training in EEG and video-EEG. Spanish Society of Neurology, 2014.
Assistant doctor in the Multidisciplinary Unit of Epilepsy in the Neurology Service of the University and Polytechnic Hospital La Fe in Valencia from 2014 to present..
Scholarship for the training of researchers of the Basque Government. Research project on facial recognition in patients with epilepsy in 2011-2012
Scholarship for the study project on the neural changes in the semantic system in epilepsy patients. Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness in 2013-2016.
Participation in more than 8 national and international clinical studies, highlighting
Sub-investigator in the study on the prescription of antiepileptic drugs in different clinical situations. Epilepsy Study Group. SEN 2016.
Laboratorios Esteve project on quality of life with seizures in patients with epilepsy, 2016.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy.
As an educator
Collaborating professor of the Neuroimmunology module in the Neuroscience doctorate course at the School of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Navarra in the academic years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
Associate Clinical Professor of the Clinical Training Unit in the School of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Navarra in the academic years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
As a researcher
More than 25 scientific publications in national and international journals
Co-author of 12 chapters of books in his specialty.
Evaluation of scientific publications in 4 journals.
More than 45 oral and written communications, as well as posters, in national and international congresses.
She has attended more than 20 occasions as a guest speaker at national congresses.
- Best communication in the meeting of the Neurology Society of Navarra, 2008.
- Cerebrovascular pathology imaging contest of the Cerebrovascular Disease Study Group of the SEN, 2009.
- Best communication at the Navarre Society of Neurology meeting, 2011.
- Novartis award to the best young neurologist in epilepsy. Spanish Society of Neurology, 2011.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Neurology.
- Member of the Epilepsy Study Group of the Spanish Society of Neurology.
- Member of the American Epilepsy Society.
Latest scientific publications
- Non-convulsive status epilepticus in the 21st century: clinical characteristics, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis Jan 15, 2012 | Magazine: Revista de Neurología
- Hyperammonemic encephalopathy related to valproate, phenobarbital, and topiramate synergism Jun 21, 2011 | Magazine: Epilepsy & Behavior