Dr. Arantza Campo Ezquibela
Preferential dedication to interstitial and pulmonary vascular pathology.
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of the Basque Country (1994).
Specialist in Pneumology from Cruces Hospital, Vizcaya, in 1998.
Doctor in Medicine from the University of Navarra (2008).
Master in Design and Statistics in Health Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2004).
Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore (USA) (2008-10).
European Diploma in Respiratory Medicine by the European Respiratory Society (2009).
Master in Pulmonary Hypertension by the Complutense University of Madrid (2011).
Master in Pulmonary Vascular Diseases by the University of Bologna, Italy (2012).
Master in Advances and diagnosis in disorders during sleep by the Catholic University of Murcia (2017).
He joined the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in 2000, where he is currently Clinical Consultant of the Pneumology Service and Head of the Sleep Unit.
In January 2021 she has been appointed Head of the Pneumology Service at its headquarters in Pamplona.
Collaborating researcher in several projects related to lung cancer.
She has been principal investigator in the adult stem cell trial for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Study of the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.
- Study of the diagnosis and treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and other interstitial lung diseases.
- Study of the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
As an educator
Associate Professor at the Department of Internal Medicine of the School of Medicine.
Vice-Dean of the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra since June 2014.
Assistant Director of the Clinical Training Unit of the School of Medicine.
She collaborates in the teaching activity of the Simulation Center of the School of Medicine.
As a researcher
She has published more than 20 articles in national and international journals.
- European Diploma in Adult Respiratory Medicine by the European Respiratory Society (2009).
- GOLD member of the European Respiratory Society (ERS).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery (SEPAR).
Latest scientific publications
- Surgical Outcomes in a Lung Cancer-Screening Program Using Low Dose Computed Tomography Apr 23, 2020 | Magazine: Archivos de Bronconeumología
- Clinical Features of Smokers with Radiological Emphysema but without Airway Limitation Nov 3, 2016 | Magazine: Chest